Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Does Your Quilting Space Look Like? >

What Does Your Quilting Space Look Like?

What Does Your Quilting Space Look Like?

Old 02-13-2008, 04:15 PM

Okay here's mine. :D It's a room right off the kitchen--about 8' by 12'. I cut on the kitchen table. It was where we kept the change table, then the computer. Once we moved the computer to the family room when the kids were older :wink: it became my sewing room! Like my husband says, it's really too small to do much else with. Our house is over 180 years old and has a unique design. :D

I know the photos won't post in order :roll: so I'll explain. From the kitchen you'll see the cutting mat hanging on the door to the left--and a very old wooden ladder holding strips. The ironing board is just to the right. Once in the room, a right turn has you facing the sewing machine and stash closet. On your right--opposite the ironing board is a bookshelf with extra ragged flannel squares and other fabrics for works in progress. Books are on the bottom shelf. I added a view inside the stash closet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3845[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-3845.jpe   attachment-53310.jpe   attachment-53311.jpe  
Old 02-13-2008, 04:17 PM

Here's a few more....

Attached Thumbnails attachment-53348.jpe   attachment-53361.jpe   attachment-53362.jpe  
Old 02-13-2008, 04:30 PM

[img][b]My quilting space looks just like my kitchen! :-)
Old 02-13-2008, 05:00 PM

Very nice barnbum! I really love the ladder, I can see why you were so happy when you got it!

Sprinter, mine too :wink: :lol:
Old 02-13-2008, 06:02 PM

Its like I have been reading about myself..... :lol:
Old 02-13-2008, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the pics..great pictures
Old 02-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

I loved visiting everyone's sewing space. I felt at home in every picture. My sewing space is a spare bedroom, nothing grand but it's all mine!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 AM

I moved into my house in September and decided that what was advertised as the master bedroom would be my sewing/stash/office room... so, in looking at all your pictures I'm getting a big case of the 'oh, thats a great idea' thoughts...

Thank you for sharing
Old 02-10-2009, 01:35 PM

Oh, to have a sewing room. My sewing room is my bedroom. Do you suppose if I'm REAL good this year, Santa will have his elves build an addition on the house???? :? Never hurts to ask!

Thanks for all those great pics!
Donna in AZ
Old 02-10-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by vicki reno
My sewing machine shares a space with a double be, cutting table and bookcase. The closet is full of fabric and so are two small plastic chests. I am the LAST one to give advice on storage because no matter how large the space, I will fill t up as soon as I can! :lol: :lol: I am a pack rat and never met a piece of fabric that I didn't like. the only way to control my spending habit is to stay out of the fabric stores and stay off of ebay. I am hooked on quilting and want and convince myself I need everything I see, so I try not to look! :lol: :lol:
Oh, Vicki, I knew we were kindred sisters!!! I have the same problem, I've now filled two walls in my bedroom with shelves about 20 inches from the ceiling with baskets filled with fat quarters. (bridge to the bed coming soon) because my youngest son moved back in to help me with Roy so I lost my sewing room. But I had shelves, I have two large drawered plastic containers, I have boxes under my bed (roller type) and I have one end of my dresser with books, a silver ware divided basket for my tools, pencils, square rule, etc. Then on the back of my bedroom door I've put some of those flexible (easily moved) hooks for my rules and stencils. Oh, and i have a full size (to big) book case with fabric, irons, spray starch, books, magazines, water bottle, etc. on my other wall by the chest of drawer. :lol:

I'd be much happier if I didn't have to have the dresser and chest of drawers in here, then I could add another book shelf for fabric. :roll: Do we really need clothes for more than shopping? I could live in pjs and slippers while sewing/quilting............but my Mom would KILL me if I went shopping in pjs like so many folks I see in stores now. :shock:

I've just been to buy more fabric for two special quilts for my great nephew and niece. Mom came Saturday and was looking at the two I'd made their newest brothers, so no way was I going to get away with that. Two more......right now, please!! :roll:

Do you think I like quilting??? BTW you can NEVER have to much quilting stuff unless your name is Moderator Patrice! Now she should really really have her own LQS, but not until I finish all my shopping. :wink:

Hugs,
Sharon