Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What embroidery machine do you have? >

What embroidery machine do you have?

What embroidery machine do you have?

Old 10-16-2011, 08:09 AM

I have a Janome 9500. It is so user friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If things are hard for you to learn or remember, then this or the Janome 350E is for you.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:37 AM

I have a Husqvarna Quilt Designer II and a Husqvarna Designer Ruby. Love them both, but don't recommend the QDII if you want to make your own designs. Lots of trouble with the embroidery card reader writer and Windows 7. Love the Ruby with the USB.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:43 AM

I have a Babylock Ellure Plus and love it. It does beautiful stitching. Check for trade-ins. Often people will trade in for a more elborate machine. Also check the paper for someone sell their machine.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:34 AM

I have a Janome Memorycraft 350e, I love it. I also bought the
Embird Embroidery Program (which allows me to download the millions of freebies online) If I remember correctly, this model is priced at the high end of your price range.
When I bought it a couple of years ago, I embroidered everything in sight - nothing in my home was safe from me and my 350e LOL. I must admit that I haven't used it much recently, however, I have fallen in love with the speedy pillowcase tutorial that Jenny of Missouri Star Quilt has on Youtube. I've made several so far and everyone is getting a set of pillowcases for Christmas (with appropriate embroidery of course).
Old 10-16-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by aam5019
I have a Bernina 640. I started out with the Bernette 340. (It is similar to the Janome 350.) Bernina sells them. Mine was a great machine. It has a 5 x 7 hoop, but I wanted the 6 x 10.
Alice
I recently purchased a used Bernette Deco 340 that was brought in as a trade in. I love it so far!! Very user friendly, got great reviews and it fits in your price range. It is a few years old, but for my use and my budget it is working just fine. You can learn more about them here:

http://www.berninausa.com/product_de...3-i28-sUS.html

It is a stand alone embroidery machine with 100 built in stitches, will use either a USB stick or a 'card'. "With its extra-large embroidery surface and numerous facilities for editing and combining designs on the machine, the bernette 340 Deco makes creative projects a real pleasure."

Check out as many as you can, test drive the ones that interest you the most and read reviews. Dealer customer service is of great importance.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by ruthmckean
I HAVE A DISNEY BROTHER FROM WALMART IT SOLD WITH A PROGRAM CALLED PED BASIC THAT LETS YOU PURCHASE DESIGNS FROM OTHER PLACES AND YOU THEM ON YPUR MACHINE I HAVE AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF DESIGNS I LOVE IT . THE MACHINE AT THE TIME 2009 WAS $399
PLUS 1OO FOR PED. I REALLY CAN'T FIND FAULT WITH MACHINE IT THREADS THE NEEDLE IT SELF AND IS ALSO A REGULAR SEWING MACHINE I ALSO HAVE A JANOME I LOVE AT THE SAME TIME WE HAVE
FIGURED OUT HOW TO LOAD DESIGNS TO FLASH CARDS I AM AMAZED
AT EVERY DESIGN I HAVE STICHED HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS I AM WORKING IT IN A QUILT
Old 10-17-2011, 02:34 AM

I have a Brother 3100D which I bought about 8 years ago. At the time it was 6000Euro including the software which was a lot of money. It had the biggest embroidery area at the time which was 5 X 7. Now I am envious looking at the new machines and the huge embroidery area they can do.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 AM

I have the Viking Ruby;it's great but a lot more than your budget
Old 10-17-2011, 07:24 AM

I have a Singer Futura CE-350. Love mine. I got it a few years ago for 500$. It was at my local sew shop. He didn't deal singer and it had been traded in. Too much machine for the previous owner. It was not even used. She wasn't computor savvy so she got something else. I LOVE LOVE myfuty. I have been digitizing my own, I got Stitch Era and enjoy it. It is a great program once you figure it out. Good luck..Tina
Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 AM

how do you find the replys to your quote