Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What embroidery machine do you have?

I am interested in getting a embroidery machine (for Christmas). I wanted to know what models you have and what you like about it. I want to spent $500-$1000, can you get a good one for that price?

Looking to do mainly names, quilt tags...

I don't have one but yesterday I was looking at the Singer...think it is the Futura. Of course I don't do embroidery either but loved a lot of the features on the machine. It was priced at close to $1,000. My friend who was with me said...why are you looking at an embroidery machine and I said...I don't know. LOL

It had a larger throat than the other machines on display so I immediately went to look at it thinking it would work great for quilting. I've since changed my mind and won't buy it because it IS more for sewing and embroidery. I'm looking at the Janome 6600...probably late spring of next year I will have the money saved to buy it. Anyway...I know people here aren't too keen on Singer machines (the newer ones) so hopefully you will get some honest opinions on this machine and any others that they like. Here is a page from singer.com that describes the machine and has reviews you can read.

http://www.singerco.com/products/2168/futura-xl-400

Blog Entries
    I love my Brother 1250D. It does everything I want and more. I'm still learning all it can do, and I've had it about a year now.

I have Pfaff 7570 and 2140, Love them both.

I have a Bernina 640. I started out with the Bernette 340. (It is similar to the Janome 350.) Bernina sells them. Mine was a great machine. It has a 5 x 7 hoop, but I wanted the 6 x 10.
    Alice

I have a Viking Rose (for backup) and a Viking Designer I. By now, the Designer might be in your range. I really enjoy it for embroidery and sewing.

Blog Entries
    I have the Baby Lock ellure Plus.

I am happy with it, It will do a 5x7 area, which I like, but now..... I kinda wish I could do bigger.

I started out with the Pfaff 7570. This machine is an absolute workhorse. And even though I upgraded to a Bernina 830 after lots of research ~ I still get my Pfaff out and use it every now and then. I am amazed at how smooth it is after all the years I've had it. If it wasn't for the fact that I needed a bigger sewing field I'd still be using it daily. =) Good luck on your search.

Wow I didn't realize there were so many choices :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce blint
    I have a Viking Rose (for backup) and a Viking Designer I. By now, the Designer might be in your range. I really enjoy it for embroidery and sewing.
    I have these same machines and both do beautiful embroidery as well as sewing. I bought my low use Designer 1 for only $600.00.

Blog Entries
    Yes, there are a LOT of choices. Too much to look at.
    Honestly I went into the local sewing center, that is a sewing machine dealer and I said "sell me one"
    We played with machines, compared prices and functions.
    it was a lot of fun and very informative.

I have a bernette deco340, by bernina. I have had it about
    a month and so far I really like it.

Blog Entries
    I have vicking designer SE --Love it

I have viking rose and viking designer 2.
    Have done lots of embroidery on both of them.

Blog Entries
    Mine is a Singer Futura CE-350. It's a Sewing/Embroidery machine, got it for Christmas 2009. It was on sale for $799. I like it. It hasn't given me any trouble that wasn't caused by user error.

Brother Innovis 4500D and Babylock Ellegante

When I bought the Babylock it was the biggest single needle machine, and I embroidered like crazy. Then so I didn't have to keep taking off the emb unit, I bought the 4500D and use it for quilting.

Hi,

I have a Babylock Ellure which embroiders, but I don't use it much for that, it's my take along machine and lake machine, basically.

I embroider on my Babylock Elegante2, LOVE it! Does everything and it also sews/quilts beautifully. I embroider with it mostly. (quilt on another machine)

Bev

I have the H500 class of viking that is pratically brand new and want to sell it. It has everything that came with it (software, CD..manual..etc..) for $600 plus actual shipping. Pm me for any details if interested, and i can email you pics if you want.

P.S i have the designer SE and love it

Mine is a Brother 770 but I still don't know how to use it much and it's been a year. I've made some things but not enough to be able to advise you. It was in that price range though.

I have a Brother 1500D and absolutely love it. It does beautiful work. Haven't done labels yet but plan on learning to do those soon. This machine is usually priced well above your $1000 limit, but check around, you may find a nice used one.

Blog Entries
    I have a Pfaff Creative 4 that I got this summer. I am loving it. I especially like the size of embroidery I can do.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    I had the Brother Inno-vis 4000D and loved the machine. I sold it last year to another board member and have pretty much regretted it ever since. I wasn't using it that much, so I thought I didn't really need it. Of course, that was before I saw all the beautiful labels you people do on your machines. Oh well, I'll just have to keep my eyes open for a good bargain on one.

I have a Baby Lock Ellegante 2 and I love it.

I have a Bernina 180E, and love it. I mainly use my machine to make quilt blocks and quilt labels. They are an expensive investment. Be sure you are going to use it enough to warrent the purchase. Don't forget to include $$ to buy thread, stabilizer, needles, bobbin thread, etc.
    Buying an embroidery only machine can be more reasonably priced than a machine that sews and embroiders.
    Buying a quality name brand machine will mean good quality embroidery results.

I have the Janome 350e. It is an embroidery only machine and so far (just barely a month) I love it.

I've done Baby T-shirts, bibs, towels, kitchen towels, lots of quilt squares, aprons, and a bunch of machine applique for wall hangings. Fun machine. But be warned, the machine is just part of your start up costs! Them there's the stabilizer and be prepared to spend several hundred dollars on thread if you are going to do anything beyond Monograms and labeling!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast