Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What embroidery machine do you have? >

What embroidery machine do you have?

What embroidery machine do you have?

Old 10-14-2011, 10:28 PM

I have a Pfaff Creative 4 that I got this summer. I am loving it. I especially like the size of embroidery I can do.

Nancy
Old 10-15-2011, 01:54 AM

I had the Brother Inno-vis 4000D and loved the machine. I sold it last year to another board member and have pretty much regretted it ever since. I wasn't using it that much, so I thought I didn't really need it. Of course, that was before I saw all the beautiful labels you people do on your machines. Oh well, I'll just have to keep my eyes open for a good bargain on one.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:48 AM

I have a Baby Lock Ellegante 2 and I love it.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:54 AM

I have a Bernina 180E, and love it. I mainly use my machine to make quilt blocks and quilt labels. They are an expensive investment. Be sure you are going to use it enough to warrent the purchase. Don't forget to include $$ to buy thread, stabilizer, needles, bobbin thread, etc.
Buying an embroidery only machine can be more reasonably priced than a machine that sews and embroiders.
Buying a quality name brand machine will mean good quality embroidery results.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:58 AM

I have the Janome 350e. It is an embroidery only machine and so far (just barely a month) I love it.

I've done Baby T-shirts, bibs, towels, kitchen towels, lots of quilt squares, aprons, and a bunch of machine applique for wall hangings. Fun machine. But be warned, the machine is just part of your start up costs! Them there's the stabilizer and be prepared to spend several hundred dollars on thread if you are going to do anything beyond Monograms and labeling!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:14 AM

I have a Viking Diamond and I just love it.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:20 AM

I have a Babylock Ellure and a Babylock Ellegante2 and a Singer Futura. Both the Babylock's are wonderful machines but I wouldn't recommend the Singer unless they've changed the software. It had too many steps to go through to get the design to the embroidery hoop and I just use it for a backup sewing machine now.

Babylock and Brother are the same machines - just under a different and use the PES format which makes it very easy to find free designs off the internet for.

I don't have any experience with the Pfaff, Viking, Janome, Bernette but I understand they are all good machines. Just be sure you do a lot of looking and experimenting before handing that cash over. Let us know what you decide on!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:20 AM

I now have a Brother PR600. It's a a big guy but I had a Brother ULT. Can be had used for under $1000. I loved mine but wanted a bigger work area. Good luck.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:23 AM

I have the Janome 350E stand alone embroidery machine. So far it fits the purpose but at times I think I would like a larger embroidery area. Have only had it about 6 months and I might be outgrowing it already. Next step? Maybe a MB4.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:24 AM

For a new one, you will spend well over your 1000.00. You will be able to get a used one in your range.

But then comes technology. You will need a way to get the designs from the computer to the machine. Maybe with a used one, a reader/writer box will be included and the softwear to do it.

If you get a new machine, they are now going to flash drives to transfer files. Much cheaper than the old boxes. You would be better off in the long run with a new model.

If you are just getting into embroidery, consider the costs of the threads and stabilizer too. It is NOT a cheap hobby.

For designs, yes, you can purchase those cards from the machine company----very expensive. But if you have a way to take them to the machine from the computer, there are many low cost and free designs available on the internet.

I got into embroidery blind. I had no idea that I needed more equipment and softwear after I purchased the machine.

Jean