Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What embroidery machine do you have? >

What embroidery machine do you have?

What embroidery machine do you have?

Old 10-15-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by 1234Irene
I love my Brother 1250D. It does everything I want and more. I'm still learning all it can do, and I've had it about a year now.
Irene, do you have any tips on centering a name on towels? I have a Brother 900, it will create designs for only no bigger than a 4x4, to see if I'd like it and if it was difficult to use. I took a class but sometimes I'm more confused than it actually is . I'd appreciate your advise. Grandmaang
Old 10-15-2011, 04:44 AM

I have a Brother 900.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:48 AM

I have a Brother 900 embroidery machine that does designs no larger than a 4x4. But confused on the centering a name on a hand towel. I just need a little advise. Grandmaang
Old 10-15-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
I have the Baby Lock ellure Plus.

I am happy with it, It will do a 5x7 area, which I like, but now..... I kinda wish I could do bigger.
I have a baby lock Esante 2, this machine is several years old and I inherited it, do you find that you can also free motion quilt easily? I cannot, two dealers have told me that is because of how it was designed, wondering if they fixed that problem.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:19 AM

I started on a Babylock Ellure and wanted to get more embroidery capabilities, so I bought a Babylock Ellegante. Love them both, but they are/were much more expensive. If I ever have to replace them, I will look around more as I think I could get the same capabilities without spending as much money. I am in the market for a good quilting machine without embroidery as I think doing all the quilting on my Ellegante is going to wear it out too quickly.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:20 AM

I have a Scandinavia 400 (Viking) and it does a great job. Unfortunately, the embroidery cards that fit it are no longer being made. I have purchased some off of ebay, but the blank ones are way too expensive. I want to sell it, but don't feel I can because of the card issues. I would get a machine that can attach to your computer and eliminate the problem of cards becoming outdated.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
I have the Janome 350e. It is an embroidery only machine and so far (just barely a month) I love it.

But be warned, the machine is just part of your start up costs! Them there's the stabilizer and be prepared to spend several hundred dollars on thread if you are going to do anything beyond Monograms and labeling!
I have the Janome MC350e as well and what Mamagus says about the supplies is very true.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by jenOSU
Wow I didn't realize there were so many choices :)
My first machine was a brother and a real work horse. My suggestion to you is to buy a machine with the total embroidery area that u want It will make a huge difference in the designs u can do. I found that 4X4 just wan't large enough in alot of cases. Wish you luck!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:38 AM

I have the Husqvarna Topaz. Got it in July. Still learning but so far I like it.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:44 AM

I have a Janome 350E..love it and have had no problems.
I have had it for about 5 yrs.