Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What a great excuse to make two new quilts! >

What a great excuse to make two new quilts!

What a great excuse to make two new quilts!

Old 08-18-2013, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

Thank you all for the affirmation that older adults need to sleep in seperate beds! I will read this thread to my hubby! He gets his feelings hurt when I go off to sleep elsewhere, but he keeps me up all night with his thrashing.

Good luck on the new quilts! Be sure to show us pics when you get the room done.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:04 AM

Extra long twins are available and so is the bedding for them.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 AM

I purchased a duplex and the former owner had the house for over 50 years. The two upstairs bedroom floors were glued down indoor/outdoor carpet that was really dirty. I vacuumed the floor, then cut about 2 inches around the perimeter of the room. I then purchased a rug cut to size and used carpet tacks to secure it to the exposed floor. Worked well. This was a rental unit and when it got too dirty or worn to clean, I just replaced it. I did not know about Goo Be Gone to remove the glue, might try that. By the way, the original floor is white oak, and was put in the house in 1925.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:48 AM

I can hardly get past the fact that someone actually glued carpet to a hardwood floor! How did they think that was a good idea? Anyway, congrats on the new floor and great reason to make 2 quilts
Old 08-18-2013, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thank you all for the affirmation that older adults need to sleep in seperate beds! I will read this thread to my hubby! He gets his feelings hurt when I go off to sleep elsewhere, but he keeps me up all night with his thrashing.
The first time I'd ever heard of separate sleeping arrangements was from a neighbor/friend who is 20 years older than me. She has hot flashes, so she sleeps downstairs in one bedroom, while her husband sleeps upstairs in the master bedroom. She told me once he loves hearing the stairs creak, because there's only one reason she ever goes up to his room!! Rofl!!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

What a crime to glue carpet (especially shag) over hardwood floors, just made so much more work for you. We did glue down carpet in our first house, but in the basement family room and we glued over concrete. I think you will enjoy the separate beds, since we downsized and didn't have room for a king size bed, we each got separate bedrooms and our own separate beds. Now I have a place to go to unwind, by myself, the only drawback is not having enough room and having to take everything off the bed before I can go to bed. At least DH doesn't complain about my crafts/quilting this way.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:17 AM

Good luck!!! I,m with you. Sounds great.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:42 PM

Great place to order everything TXL, mattress pads, pads, sheets etc.
http://www.rhl.org/ShopBy/Bedding/Egg-Crate-Pad
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 AM

You will love the laminate flooring, just be careful about putting down throw rugs. If you get up in the night to use the bathroom, they can become a major trip hazard.