Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you made from a wedding dress? >

What have you made from a wedding dress?

What have you made from a wedding dress?

Old 02-02-2013, 05:27 PM

I have my wedding dress hanging in the back of a closet..had thought of making a quilt with it...or a christening gown for a future grandchild...one son just got married, and youngest son has just graduated college, and has been dating the same girl for over 6 years....I think once he gets a job, he will propose. Not sure when grand-babies will come along, but a christening gown would be very special.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 PM

I made handkerchiefs with pin tucks, machine embroidery, and lace from a wedding dress. From the handkerchiefs, I made handkerchief bonnets that the lady gave to her daughters to use as christening bonnets for her granddaughters. I was surprised at how lovely the bonnets turned out.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:09 PM

I made a christening gown out of my second daughters wedding gown and so far have 2 granddaughters baptized in it, not sisters but cousins, and a grandson that will probably be baptized in it also. Another daughters dress has been cut up to use as centers in a courthouse steps pattern quilt and as a pieced back for same quilt. Other squares in the quilt are from signatures of wedding guests instead of a guest book. My youngest daughter didn't take care of her dress and can't decide if she wants to pay for cleaning (not sure if it will come clean) in order for me to make something with it.