Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of water is best for Rowenta Iron???

Blog Entries
    I have a Rowenta iron.... directions say to use spring water...but when I did, I noticed that at the bottom of the pouring cup there way like a calcium build up??? so went to my well water... is this going to be a bad choice... would appreciate information from all my experienced quilters....

Blog Entries
    I buy gallon jugs of distilled water at WM or the grocery store. It's cheap and the iron isn't. so it is worth the trouble.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    I buy gallon jugs of distilled water at WM or the grocery store. It's cheap and the iron isn't. so it is worth the trouble.
    Ditto!!

I have owned 2 Rowentas and have several friends with them as well. They all seem to have a problem deveoping a leak regardless of how you care for them. I have quit using water in my Rowenta and use a spray bottle of water instead. I don't think I will ever buy another Rowenta.

If there are deposits use half distilled and half what you are currently using. do not just use distilled. That is what causes them to leak really bad, which is one of the main rowenta complaints

I bought one a few months ago and it said to use tap water my neighbor has an older one and it says to use tap water

Mine says ONLY tap water so that is what I have always used and never had any leaks.

Blog Entries
    in my opinion the best water for any iron- is a spray bottle on the end of the ironing board- you can pick it up and spritz when ever you need a little steam- and you never have to deal with leaks, sputters, spots, burns, or calcium build up.

I was using well water and the iron started spitting really bad. I have since started using distilled water and no more spitting :)

I use djstilled water.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    What she said! And that's what the directions for my Rowenta said to use.

Are you sure directions did not say "distilled" water? I've always used distilled water in my Rowenta which is now about 15 yrs. old.

QM
    Everyone I know around here sticks with distilled water to avaoid any buildup or water damage.

I only use distilled water, our well water is so hard everything gets coated with mineral deposits, only good thing about it, everyone raised on this water have really good teath! LOL

i have had several rowenta irons and have used both bottled and well and all eventually leaked and spurted water out i just dont think they are worth the money i have changed to using spray bottle also

Blog Entries
    yes... which is what thru me... as that is what I always used in my other one... Thanks to all for your input....
    Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    Are you sure directions did not say "distilled" water? I've always used distilled water in my Rowenta which is now about 15 yrs. old.

distilled water in my Rowenta,

I use half spring water and half distilled water. I have never had a problem and I've had my rowenta for almost five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Monika
    Mine says ONLY tap water so that is what I have always used and never had any leaks.
    Ditto :D

Good advice---I too, have a rowenta I've always used well water, and have the iron for about 8 years, but I haven't really had any big issues of spurts or leaking at all. But it is also hooked up to a water softener. That might make a difference---do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Monika
    Ditto here!

I don't use water in my Rowenta. I keep a spray bottle of well water with my at my ironing board and use that. I've heard too many bad things about using water in an iron, so I decided to do it this way.

I have used rowenta irons for many years and always use half distilled water and half tap water. I have never had any problems unless the iron got dropped.

Mine says only tap water too, I've had it around 5 years, never sprung a leak.

Blog Entries
    Mine says to use tap water. I have well water so I do clean more often because of the deposits. I've noticed if its not warmed up for a while before ironing it does leak. I just had one of my Rowentas stop heating-hated to throw it away but after calling a repair center he said you will probably pay more than its worth!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast