Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of water is best for Rowenta Iron??? >

What kind of water is best for Rowenta Iron???

What kind of water is best for Rowenta Iron???

Old 10-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Monika
Mine says ONLY tap water so that is what I have always used and never had any leaks.
Ditto here!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:26 PM

I don't use water in my Rowenta. I keep a spray bottle of well water with my at my ironing board and use that. I've heard too many bad things about using water in an iron, so I decided to do it this way.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:50 PM

I have used rowenta irons for many years and always use half distilled water and half tap water. I have never had any problems unless the iron got dropped.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:51 PM

Mine says only tap water too, I've had it around 5 years, never sprung a leak.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:58 PM

Mine says to use tap water. I have well water so I do clean more often because of the deposits. I've noticed if its not warmed up for a while before ironing it does leak. I just had one of my Rowentas stop heating-hated to throw it away but after calling a repair center he said you will probably pay more than its worth!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
in my opinion the best water for any iron- is a spray bottle on the end of the ironing board- you can pick it up and spritz when ever you need a little steam- and you never have to deal with leaks, sputters, spots, burns, or calcium build up.
This is what i do too. Also like an eye dropper to put the water exactly where it's needed.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:48 AM

It would seem that Rowenta can't decide what should be used either. One person's directions will say only tap water, another's will say only distilled and mine says to use a combination of both. It appears to be a guess-what. My daughter has had two, both of which started leaking after a time. She bought me one and it said to use both, so that is what I do and so far it has been fine, but knowing what has happened to most, I now use a spray bottle most of the time, just in case.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 AM

I just purchased a new Rowenta. It says do not use distilled water. Just use untreated tap water so that's what I use. With my old Rowenta when I used distilled water it would leak but I had no problem with tap water. I have tried other irons and I always go back to Rowenta. In 20 years I finally had to replace my first Rowenta because of a power surge!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by dahlshouse
I have a Rowenta iron.... directions say to use spring water...but when I did, I noticed that at the bottom of the pouring cup there way like a calcium build up??? so went to my well water... is this going to be a bad choice... would appreciate information from all my experienced quilters....
Mine is several years old and has never leaked. The directions said use tap water. I have reverse osmosis water at my sink and that is what I use. froggyintexas
Old 10-03-2011, 03:46 AM

i have only used distilled in my irons. i just get the cheaper ones at walmart they seem to last a long time.