Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Marcus Fabrics has to say about price increases >

What Marcus Fabrics has to say about price increases

What Marcus Fabrics has to say about price increases

Old 12-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Originally Posted by dgrindey
It really seems this is a conspiracy against America because we have been so prosperous in the past. You can see this through our falling economy and the way the government is trying to take control of everything we do beginning with Healthcare for all of us older folks in particular. So what are we going to do about it??? Hopefully, everyone voted in November and will continue to vote and everyone must pray and ask the good Lord to help us. He is the ultimate help for us. This has been a very interesting discussion and I am so happy to see that so many feel like I do. God bless America.
As a former health care worker, I am glad for the government intervention in health care. I just hope they start to do more about all the companies who are shipping jobs off-shore.
akrogirl---sure agree with you on the Healthcare!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:34 AM

Oh so true, Bonnie......I just got back from doing some
shopping at Ross....everything I picked up was made in China...I hope someday it will turn around..I love it when I
can buy something Made in USA!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by sewmuch
Oh so true, Bonnie......I just got back from doing some
shopping at Ross....everything I picked up was made in China...I hope someday it will turn around..I love it when I
can buy something Made in USA!!!!
Do you know about the website http://stillmadeinusa.com/
Old 12-07-2010, 11:59 AM

thanks for the website wish they had more things for women plus shoes
Old 12-07-2010, 12:09 PM

Thanks for info on website, Mary, will check it out later.. :lol:
Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Originally Posted by dgrindey
It really seems this is a conspiracy against America because we have been so prosperous in the past. You can see this through our falling economy and the way the government is trying to take control of everything we do beginning with Healthcare for all of us older folks in particular. So what are we going to do about it??? Hopefully, everyone voted in November and will continue to vote and everyone must pray and ask the good Lord to help us. He is the ultimate help for us. This has been a very interesting discussion and I am so happy to see that so many feel like I do. God bless America.
As a former health care worker, I am glad for the government intervention in health care. I just hope they start to do more about all the companies who are shipping jobs off-shore.
Not me. I'd like to make my own decisions rather than being forced to buy something.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:32 PM

Does this mean I can't use "but I HAVE to buy more fabric NOW before the price goes up!" as an excuse any more??? I's better keep this news away from DH!!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:28 PM

I think I better go to Goodwill more often to look for useable quilt material.
With the wages that we as Americans demand, I don't see how things can get better here.
I am on Social Security and barely make ends meet now in 2010.
Almost dread seeing a new year come in.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:52 PM

Where I live, we have a Free store in town. everyone brings what they don't want anymore ( in good condition) and takes what they want. Donations are accepted and the store has a grant to operate on. I am not suggesting everyone start a free store ( but it would be a good idea) but there are ways to get free fabric. Trade clothes with friends, ask if anyone has clothing to get rid of and see if it can be re-used, ask your local school if you can use the gym or whatever to have a free "yard sale" and have people bring good useable clothes to trade for things they need. WE did this a few years ago and it was a big hit and lots of people found things they could give as Christmas gifts. We had other things besides clothing, but you get the idea. We don't have to quit quilting just because fabric has gone up and will keep going up. My grandmother made her quilts out of out grown clothes we wore, and her quilts were beautiful. Just don't give up or get discouraged. I think it is a mind set for some quilters: if they don't buy fabric from the quilt store and spend more, they aren't true quilters or their quilts aren't great. ( I heard this one from my friend who runs the fabric dept. at our drugstore.) Just change your mindset if you are thinking this way, and look for all the free fabric that's out there!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:03 PM

Thank you for sharing the info!