Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What a Mess! >

What a Mess!

What a Mess!

Old 01-24-2016, 12:15 PM

I feel your pain. I had a room just to store fabric in, until just before Christmas when a dear friend ended up homeless through no fault of hers, and I moved her and her family in. I had to move out cabinets, dressers, shelves, etc. to make room for the adults, and empty the office for the little girls. I have not seen my sewing machine since. Several projects are begging to be finished, I can hear them calling for help! Lol!
Old 01-24-2016, 12:42 PM

MadameKelly you are incredibly kind-hearted!!! My sewing room is the guest bedroom and I'm not sure I could do what you did. We have a large walk-in closet nearby in the hall where I keep my stash and quilting stuff. It's used just for that and keeps my stuff behind closed doors except for my machines which live in the sewing/guest room.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:52 PM

I have plenty of room. A little snow and ice, but bring 'em on
Old 01-24-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
That's the whole point of claiming the spare room as a sewing room. Guests needs to stay in a hotel.
I agree with you. No room at the house!
Old 01-24-2016, 01:41 PM

Naw. We build a guest room onto the house.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bren View Post
MadameKelly you are incredibly kind-hearted!!! My sewing room is the guest bedroom and I'm not sure I could do what you did. We have a large walk-in closet nearby in the hall where I keep my stash and quilting stuff. It's used just for that and keeps my stuff behind closed doors except for my machines which live in the sewing/guest room.
This is a girl who grew up with my DDs and was very helpful as I recovered from my stroke years ago. I consider it a pay it forward return, and don't mind because I love her as one of my own.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by krafty14 View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha!
Love it!

That was exactly my thought too! DH says that I have the room so full that when I sit it it I am like a WWII fighter pilot in the cockpit of a spitfire!!!!

Good luck getting the room ready for your guest.

Hugs

Caroline
Old 01-24-2016, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
I feel your pain. I had a room just to store fabric in, until just before Christmas when a dear friend ended up homeless through no fault of hers, and I moved her and her family in. I had to move out cabinets, dressers, shelves, etc. to make room for the adults, and empty the office for the little girls. I have not seen my sewing machine since. Several projects are begging to be finished, I can hear them calling for help! Lol!
Madamekelly - I would have done the same thing. She and her family are humans. UFOs aren't.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

Lucky me I don't have anyone to come and visit and I like it that way. No room in my small home.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
I have plenty of room. A little snow and ice, but bring 'em on
I have plenty of room too, and yet I sleep in the sewing room in a twin bed! 😀 When hubby was ill and eventually in hospice care, I bought the twin bed for him to be near to me (nearby kitchen). Then when it became necessary for me to sleep in same room with him, hospice provided a hospital bed for him and I began using the twin bed. Had to move sewing tables to garage and other sewing stash to another room in house, but at least I was able to be nearby to him until he passed. After that, I just stayed put in the twin bed. So, long story short, I now have 2 empty bedrooms. I do have overnight relatives occasionally, but live alone otherwise. When my relatives come to visit, I want them here, so we can truly visit!