Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What a Mess! >

What a Mess!

What a Mess!

Old 01-24-2016, 05:55 AM

Have an xtra bdrm for emergency guests...hmm, can't remember the last time that happened...it's usually used for GGD overnites with Nani (me)..... "Visitors" are directed to closest hotel. I know when I travel to visit friends/relatives, I book myself into a local hotel....I prefer the actual privacy......
Old 01-24-2016, 06:00 AM

Great posts! Mom recently called us kids (6) and asked to come spend a week with each of us. (She has her own mobile home and is very independent) I explained there is one bed and that's for me and DH. Yes I have 3 bedrooms but the master is my quilting cave and the smallest bedroom has the freezer and a very large treadmill. She actually asked me why I couldn't get rid of the freezer and treadmill and set up a bedroom. We kids realized she was shopping around for a new place to live. I told her I'd help look for a great little retirement apartment for her. When my son comes I pay for a hotel room. Recently I have been telling my DH we need to get an air mattress to use for emergencies but they'd have to sleep in the walk in closet!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:23 AM

We have a guest room with twin beds and an office with a full pull-out couch for company, but have had to put an Aero bed in the sewing room once or twice. Not much floor space but a twin will work. We often dog sit for our daughter's English Mastiff and he accompanies me in the sewing room as our two Golden pups overwhelm him, so have to have enough floor room.........barely. When her lab was still with us, she used to sleep right next to the ironing/cutting table which made quite the stretch for me. What we don't do for our pets/kids!
At Christmas we gave our kids our Master bedroom which is quite large, because they have so much STUFF (luggage, two young kids and two German Shepherds with crates). DH and I took the guest room but had to move everything except the beds into the sewing room to accommodate the Goldens crates. Needless to say, there was no sewing that week! Back to normal now but I do need to revamp the sewing room to add another table for a second sewing machine.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
put a guest in their sewing room for a weekend?
I have a roll-away bed in my sewing room. One half is flat and the other half it bent up. The "up" part is a place to put current projects, and being "up" gives me access to the window. When someone wants to sleep in there, I need to find a large place on my cutting and sewing space to pile all the quilts that are on the flat side of that bed. Storage. The roll-away has been described as comfortable. Then when they are gone, the quilts go back on the flat side, the other side goes up, and I'm back in business.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:03 AM

Yes, I do have a guest room. Just need to organize the Accuquilt dies first and move the quilts off the bed.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:16 AM

There's a little walkway they could use!!!!!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:16 AM

Yup!! If I move everything to the sides of the room I can inflate a queen sized air mattress. My guests(family)need to change into bedclothes in the bathroom and step in to my room and directly onto the bed.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:03 AM

Is there a motel nearby???????????????????
Old 01-24-2016, 10:14 AM

In all our years of marriage (50 next week) we have not had overnight guests. If the grandkids want to spend the night they camp out in the living room or the family room. I have a 3 bedroom home -- the largest bedroom is the master, the 2nd largest is my sewing room and the 3rd is for my husband during calving, when he gets up at all hours of the night. Any guests would have to go to a motel.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:03 AM

I can, in a pinch, sleep 1 in my sewing room. Not always convenient, however.