Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is one thing you have made and will never make again?? >

What is one thing you have made and will never make again??

What is one thing you have made and will never make again??

Old 12-23-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
I did not buy this from Joann's it was bought online and it was not cheap.......
I bought flannel from Joann's and made a robe. it gets washed a lot and still looks nice. I can't figure it out. I've bought cototn from Wal Mart and it washes beautifully while some of the more expensive peices come out all wrinkled. As far as a quilt I'll never do again is the Deck of Cards. Same thing over and over and hard to get lined up just right.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:59 AM

I think the pattern was called Salt Water Taffy and was paper pieced. I called that quilt the "quilt from h-ll". I finished it, but wasn't happy with it. So, never, never again. Also just finished making 31 Christmas stockings and I hope to never make one again, but with new additions that will probably be popping up maybe I could make one or two more, but that should be in the distant future. And if i live that long. lol.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:05 AM

Every time I say never, I turn around and I know God is laughing, because, I am doing what I said I would never do again, as often the circumstances change.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 AM

I will never do a postage stamp quilt. They are nice, but would make me crazy. I do, however, send out envelopes of small scraps to those who do. I admire their dedication to the project. Other than that, I am always ready for a challenge, hence, I start the AOTH and LBB in January.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:28 AM

I'll never do another French Braid Quilt. I took a class, loved the teacher, did the quilt, got the t-shirt, but all that worry about bias on the braids, etc...after I was done I gave the book away! I wonder if she ever made one?
Old 12-23-2011, 08:09 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by quilt1950 View Post
I've made several Roman shades, and don't mind them. The last ones I made were 'top down/bottom up'. If you ever do it again, check out http://www.terrelldesigns.com/. I found these directions very helpful.
You're probably right. It might not be too bad the second time around. There are many new conveniences for Roman Shades now too. RING TAPE is one of them. I did this shade 25 years ago on maternity leave. Probably a mistake right there LOL. Also I found a company (Rollease) who will custom make (length) the upper pulley mechanism and if you send them the fabric-they'll cover the board and attach the mechanism. That's what I'm talking about. It was reasonably priced too. Sigh. I didn't throw it away though. It's still hanging in my family room. Doesn't go up and down though LOL. Thanks for the URL.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:21 AM

How can you tell beforehand if it is good quality flannel?
Old 12-23-2011, 08:26 AM

I will never again make a log cabin using cut pieces. As mentioned, way too tedious. I was foolishly convinced by purists that it is much better to use the pieces than to use E. Burns method. NOT. Both quilts looked exactly the same, but I had far more enjoyment making it using the E. Burns method!

As far as flannel, I don't know what to tell you. I have 3 flannel quilts, in use for 15 years, and none have pilled. All are quilt shop fabrics. I've one that uses Joann's quilter's flannel - only one of those has pilled. ALL the Snuggle flannel eventually pills - varies by color. I've never had a desire to make a ragg quilt, but most of the quilters around here seem to use regular cotton, not flannel. Flannel is mostly a backing thing.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:34 AM

stained glass window and log cabin
Old 12-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

I made a small Bargello wall hanging. Strips from 3/4" to 2" I will never do one again. I have always thought Bargello was not a pleasing design but took a class to make one to say I did. I still don't like Bargello designs in any pattern no matter what size.