Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What quilt patterns could be labeled as a wedding quilt? >

What quilt patterns could be labeled as a wedding quilt?

What quilt patterns could be labeled as a wedding quilt?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:14 AM

any pattern you choose would work..it is the thought and the occassion that make it a wedding quilt.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:50 AM

I have quilts made for all my 9 grandchildren for when they get married- have them stored in quilt bags with a note from grandma-I'm sure I won't be around when all of them get married. I finally have one grandson getting married in oct 2011. They all have one quilt already that they had requested.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 AM

I did a log cabin quilt in the autumn colors since their wedding was in October. Their main color in their wedding was sienna - a rust red, so a lot of that was in the quilt, and I embroidered the tag on the backside with my embroidery machine as a lasting memory of who made it - quilted it, etc. and their wedding date - so it was a personalized quilt using their wedding colors and made with lots of love to the happy new couple - they are expecting their first baby now 2 years later - and his room (yes, it is a boy!) will be in airplanes and hot air balloons, so plan to do some machine embroidery on things for in his room - like maybe on his hood of the hooded towel ensemble I plan to make for him - or on the corner of his receiving blankets I got for him - and yes, I'm helping them out with a mini-layette plus a handmade cradle made by our local Amish furniture making man! and will be his first bed.

Both mom and dad lost their jobs within months of one another and dad is going back to college to get his CPA degree and mom will be a stay at home mom for a little while after he is born at least - so a little loving help from auntie here - just to get them over a rough time - and give this little guy a great start in life.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:39 AM

I made a two color English Wedding Ring for my son's wedding. It has lots of half square triangles but turned out to be a stunning quilt.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:30 AM

I usually make a Double Irish Chain quilt in the brides wedding color. There is a 15 inch block on Quilter's Cache so it goes fairly fast.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 AM

There are no rules unless you want to make a block with a wedding sort of name. I made a Prairie Queen for my son and his bride. They loved it.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 AM

Some pretty quilts shown here. I usually get the bride and groom over to my house and then lay out a selection of my quilts and let them choose which one they would like as a wedding gift. Makes them all happy and makes me happy they truely like what I make.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:44 AM

Something Blue is a bridal quilt from Quilt Magazine, designers Pam and Robert Bono and Susan Clark. You can see the picture of the one I made.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:46 AM

I think you could use almost any pattern if you can find out the colors for the new home I have given several reg patterns and all have been accepted gladly. I think they have appreciated the time and effort of the gift. I have made the double wedding ring using the templates, and strip piecing the colored ovals goes very fast and makes a neat quilt. Is this the pattern you all use or do you still do the individual sections?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by koko
I will be making a wedding quilt for my son and his fiance this year. I do not wish to make the double wedding ring as I made that a few years ago and do not wish to repeat the same pattern. Do you have any suggestions for patterns that might be appropriate as a wedding quilt?
I will be making one for my granddaughter and her future husband also. Not sure what to do so this may help me as well. Thanks