Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What quilting book have you added to your library recently? >

What quilting book have you added to your library recently?

What quilting book have you added to your library recently?

Old 06-12-2010, 10:15 AM

I found Marsha McCloskey's "Quick Classic Quilts" at a garage sale a few weeks ago. I love the log cabin on page 60 called Sunshine-In-The-Window. It has a yellow center with a lot of light blues in one furrow and dark blues in the other. There is another one called "Grandmother's Dream that is one large (bed sized) log cabin. They used red, white and blue. This is an old book published in 1996 but if you love McCloskey or log cabins this is a book for you!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:47 AM

Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts
Old 06-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KiwiQuilter
Recently I went on a shopping splurge. I do this once a year. Purchases via Amazon. As yet I am waiting for the books to arrive. My purchases included:

INSTRUCTIONAL
* The Essential Quilter, Barbara Chainey (recommended here)

Can't wait for them to arrive.
You will love this book. I have it and it is the best handquilting book I have ever seen. Great photos and even some design templates. Its a great book.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:44 PM

I haven't gotten them yet, but I want the Kansas City Star quilt books. There are 10 of them, so I'll get one at a time. They have all of the quilt blocks from the 30's and 40's.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Does it count if the book was given to me ?

Singer sewing book, from 1959 I think .... It is older than me :shock: LOL
Old 06-12-2010, 04:04 PM

Crazy Quilting, The Complete Guide, and Motifs for Crazy Quilting, techniques for embroidering and embellishing crazy quilts, both by J. Marsha Miehler. I haven't had time to do more than just browse yet but can't wait to get into them properly and get stitching.

Yesterday I went to what is touted as the biggest secondhand book sale in the world! It is run by a charity here in Aus. called Lifeline and I think they could be right, it was absolutely enormous. There were thousands and thousands of quilting and stitching mags. but I had a lot of them but did find one that had a particular pattern I had been looking for, plus a few more just in case. Mags were $A1 each.

Off the subject but also got several biographies and husband found an encyclopaedia of bread making. He's in the kitchen right now kneading a batch of sourdough.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by eightylady
can anyone tell me if there are books only for charm packs or 1 for jelly rolls, etc.?
Yes, I have seen books for charm packs and jelly rolls at Field's Fabrics, JoAnn's and my LQS.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:16 PM

The last quilting book I purchased was Ricky Tims' Convergence Quilts. My daughter and I are taking an all day class on the Original Convergence Quilt from this book.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:28 PM

In the last month or so I have added 5 books. *magic stack -n-whack quilts. By Bethany Reynolds *one-block wonders cubes. *amazinglg simple star quilts. * young at heart quilts by Julie Popa * warm welcome cozy quilts for baby by Mary hickey
Old 06-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy
How about you? Any new books? Maybe we can keep this thread going to
add our newly acquired books.
Funny you should ask ... yesterday and the day before I received two more to add to my ridiculous collection. They are "Freddy and Gwen Collaborate Again" and "Mastering Precision Piecing" by Sally Collins. I thought I'd go back over some things that might be causing me to be less than perfect in my quiltmaking. Ha! Like that's ever going to change.
And I can never resist a book by Gwen Marston and Freddy Moran. They are GREAT together. And alone too. Either way, I love them. Their books are just wonderful!

8-)