Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What should I make with it? >

What should I make with it?

What should I make with it?

Old 08-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Cute fab. I think that would make a cute border print for a quilt done in several of those colors.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:56 PM

Cute fab. I think that would make a cute border print for a quilt done in several of those colors.
Sorry for the double post!!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:59 PM

An umbrella pouch for taking your umbrella along with you...for those "just in case it rains" days?
Old 08-27-2011, 07:03 PM

I love your DH's suggestion, or look for the "Morton Salt Girl" fabric and use her. Maybe you could find a panel that had several "MSG's) and use the other as a lattice or border. Just a though. Do love the material, good luck and post what you do use it for.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:26 PM

Love this fabric. Do you have the name & maker? I would love to find some. All the ideas sound great too.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lee in Richmond
I love color, and had to buy a yard of this fabric at Hancock's, but I don't know what to do with it. I don't have small children in the family, don't have these colors in my house or on my porch, feel it's too large a print to wear. . . Could it be a table topper? My DH says make a picture quilt with an insert of a boy stomping in a puddle, but I don't know how to do that. Ideas?
Go to google and ask it for a pattern of a boy in a raincoat and boots and maybe an umbrella...
Blow up the pattern 400 % or more on your printer until it is the size you want and tape the pages together.
Make 2- use one to cut up. The other one is a guide or plan to use to get the pieces in their right places.
Pin the pieces to fabric, then cut them out and using fusable interfacing - follow the directions and fuse them down.

Then take a pic, post it here and if you want to - ask us - what next?
Old 08-27-2011, 08:58 PM

Is there enough fabric for a bowtucks purse?
Old 08-27-2011, 09:06 PM

You might want to Google for free coloring pages of a boy stomping in a puddle. If you locate one, download and print it. Then you could applique it onto the fabric. One site to try would be http://www.coloringpages.com. There are many other sites to try, too. I do this all of the time. If I find a photo that is too big yet I still want to use it, I insert it into my word processing program. I resize it and then print it. I hope this helps. :)
Old 08-27-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tropical
You might want to Google for free coloring pages of a boy stomping in a puddle. If you locate one, download and print it. Then you could applique it onto the fabric. One site to try would be http://www.coloringpages.com. There are many other sites to try, too. I do this all of the time. If I find a photo that is too big yet I still want to use it, I insert it into my word processing program. I resize it and then print it. I hope this helps. :)
I see that jpthequilter and I were tying at the same time. :)
Old 08-28-2011, 04:26 AM

I love, love this fabric. I wouldn't cut it up into very small pieces. You'll lose the pattern. At least that's my humble opinion.