Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house? >

What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house?

What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house?

Old 03-19-2011, 11:24 AM

well I am now a widow, but in my married days I never did hide things. We both knew how much was to much...
Old 03-19-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
No sneaking here. My husband and I make no comments on how we each spend money. We are both frugal people who don't spend above our means.
I don't understand married couples having to hide things from ea. other. My husb. used to say that I brought in as much $ as he did so I deserved what I bought. Of course I never went crazy. Anything big, we talked about it.

He always told his buddies how he sent me to town for a box of nails one time & I came home with a new car. LOL. That's true but we had talked about a certain car so I stopped to look at it on my way to town. Then I called to talk to him about it. Yes, I even remembered the nails. He teased about that for yrs.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:25 PM

My poor hubby could never keep up with the comings and goings in my sewing room. I am always quilting for church, or project Linus,or someone. He has given up trying, not worth the effort.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:31 PM

My hubby doesn't mind what I get but to be on the safe side yesterday I brought my new Janome 6600P in and then the Janome Gem gold 2 and set them on the bench and exclaimed.LOOK SHE GAVE BIRTH TO A BABY :)
Worked for me LOL
Sass
Old 03-19-2011, 12:34 PM

mine whent fabric shopping last night with me and he looked a bit tired after i show him everything i get and he just says thats nice and goes back to the garage to work on his tractor when i sujested i get a long arm he asked what he could get but i reminded him of the truck he just bought.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:08 PM

This thread got me thinking about my relatively recent trend of buying and getting it into the house undetected. I thought about my husband and his feelings. Without admitting to anything, I shared this thread. He said how it would hurt him if I thought I had to do that, that I couldn't trust him enough to be honest. Guess what. No more sneaking for me effective immediately. I just had never thought how he would feel.
Jeanine
Old 03-19-2011, 08:10 PM

no sneaking at my house i dont comment on what hubby buys and he doesnt comment on what i buy, as long as we can afford it we dont care!!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:19 PM

My DH and I never hide anything from each other. Neither of us would be happy if we did.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by penski
no sneaking at my house i dont comment on what hubby buys and he doesnt comment on what i buy, as long as we can afford it we dont care!!
We don't comment either.. we both work hard for our money..
and don't spend frivolous.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinggrandmaca
My DH doesn't care either, he spends his money on what he wants and I spend his money on what I want. lol
I'm in agreement with you on this one. :thumbup: What's his is mine.......and mine is mine :XD: