Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by grugirl
    Dang, should I have not posted this. I am starting to feel like a loner here. All my GF's in Alaska use to hide it just not to hear the comments or see the LOOK of Disgust on the face. I do have to add though that since husband has seen some of the quilts I have made recently, he is not so concerned with my fabric purchases anymore. I just think I enjoy the secrecy or fun of it all. He he he
    No not alone. Mine is very tight too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunem
    Quote Originally Posted by fatquarters
    My DH is an enabler, He is always telling me to go buy, I often say no because I already have more than I can catch up on. He gets pushy though, and I buy to keep him happy. THEN in a short time a package will arrive for him, he buys a little or big something for himself!!! What's good for the goose....

He tells me to buy To shut me up when he shops....Gotta love it

Come to think of it, My DH is probably using some of YOUR hide and sneak methods!!!!!!
    If you ever get tired of him maybe I could borrow him for a couple of days? I will need a little notice though so I can send mine fishing....

Mine would probably go on the fishing trip, wanna go shopping?????LOL

I used to wait and bring it in the house after he left for work in the morning. Then he retired. I haven't bought much since, and bring it in the house in the fabric grocery totes. Or in my lunch bag. LOL

Blog Entries
    I don't hide, but if he says "Is that new?" My answer is "No, I bought it a while back!" This works so far! :)

Blog Entries
    Every time my late DH mentioned fabric. which I'll admit was rare, I would take him shopping at our most expensive department store. If he had the vague idea that my fabric was for garments, I loved him enough to never correct him in his beliefs.

I did make things now and then to encourage him in that idea, and still have a very nice warm house coat I made for DH that is going to my son one of these days.

my DH doesn't care what i spend on quilting, i don't hide it and he pays all the bills when they come in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by harvsstuff
    My DH has a 24 x 36 workshop with all the whisles and bells I dont hide anything just moan alot how I want a workshop like his.
    Oooooh, WELL that is SWEET.
    Husband has his dream shop now.. so he pretty much is fine with what I do. Too funny, before he had such an awesome space, he would stand in my quilt room doorway and just stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamagal
    I don't hide, but if he says "Is that new?" My answer is "No, I bought it a while back!" This works so far! :)
    LMAO... too funny. I have used that line often..."No, I bought it last year." He works out of state so he isn't here half the year. LOL

No hide and sneak at my house either. I'm thinking that would drive me batty if I felt the pressure to do that. I'm truly already batty enough :-)

I have my own mailbox :)

Your to funny, My hubby will tell me to go shopping...

I have to hide fabric after I get it home so DH doesn't use it :)

It would be pointless to hide it since he is the first person I show when I get home because I am so excited.
    not that he cares to see it but i still love to show it off. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by merry
    This is an I treating statement. Is he also a sewer?

No need to sneak and hide either..thank goodness. I would probably forget where I put it.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald46
    No need to sneak and hide either..thank goodness. I would probably forget where I put it.
    LOL. I understand that. I oft lost bags of fabric in my closets and spare rooms in Alaska.

Blog Entries
    I don't hide it. DH just shakes his head whenever I get fabric. Then he buys something for his computers.

No need to hide anything.

Blog Entries
    LOL....this is too funny. I don't have this problem though because my husband is very supportive, but does laugh and shake his head. I'll tell him that I need to stop by Hancocks and he will say, "You look like a Hancocks." LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by merry
    :lol:

Blog Entries
    Honestly I don't see why it would interest my DH how much fabric I buy. He sees the online quilt shops packages and boxes delivered all the time and never asks about them. I pay my shopping with my credit card, he never sees it but I know he expects all totals to be paid in full every month so as long as I do that he's happy and non concerned.

My husband(s) never complained because they knew they were going to get a shirt or two out of some of the fabric. They have always been proud of my sewing talent as well as other crafts talent. I was blessed in THAT part of our marriages. In fact after the divorce, they continued to wear the shirts until they wore out....lol Never had to hide fabric.

I just don't understand why you have to hide fabric? I think that this is my hobby/passion and why try to be sneaky about it?

Blog Entries
    I don't hide fabric when I get it either. My husband doesn't mind if I buy fabric in fact he will "shop" for fabric with me when we can.

I don't hide it! I don't hide anything from my dh, he knows how much I spend. I finally put myself on a budget, then he can't say anything and it helps me stay in control!! Of course, I have only been on the budget two weeks, heehhee!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast