Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the Web's latest Quilting Craze? >

What is the Web's latest Quilting Craze?

What is the Web's latest Quilting Craze?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:19 PM

I have the Sylvia's Wedding Sampler. I haven't started it yet, but the blocks are beautiful. I read almost all of Jennifer C.'s novels. I really like the first ones. Didn't realize the book and patterns were so popular around the world!! Jackie, your colors for the Sylvia's Wedding Sampler sound beautiful!! I guess we will have a new acronym, SWS!!

I plan to make a, "Not your Grandmother's Tumbling Blocks." It only uses triangles and is strip pieced. Pattern is from Marci Baker.

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
I have been seeing alot about the book and patterns "Sylvia's Wedding Sampler" There are numerous web sites about it and lots of pictures of the quilts being made, several groups have been formed, sharing tips and some exchanging blocks. It is a world wide thing, with groups in France and Germany and many other countries. There are 140 patterns in the book. A few of my friends and myself have bought the book (Amazon) and are making it. The patterns are beautiful, Im making mine in pastels. Pinks, lav, soft greens, yellow, aqua and blue.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:27 PM

Yes, I did, too! I watched the YouTube with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson. I could not inagine how I could make a flying geese block with only 1 seam! But it does work.

Kathy

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy View Post
The Flying Geese was so cool I had to stop what I was doing and make one. So easy. I'm taking it to church tonight to show my friends. Thanks a million.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:39 PM

Thanks so much for the link to Modern Quilt Guild! I love many of the "modern" quilts and this site will be a great way to spend some time. Recently I've been liking clean lines, clear colors, and lots of white. Good to see that other folks like them too!

Pam
Old 02-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Wow - your question brought up lots of interesting ideas and links - I'm happy you asked!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:30 PM

My friend and I are working on "Cotton Club" It's a beauty, BOM, available online, also.

Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
I know in the past it has been Dear Jane, The Farmer's Wife, Stack and Wack, OBW and etc. I was just wondering, wanting to start something new and different. On anoter note, is there something you always wanted to make?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by CanoePam View Post
Thanks so much for the link to Modern Quilt Guild! I love many of the "modern" quilts and this site will be a great way to spend some time. Recently I've been liking clean lines, clear colors, and lots of white. Good to see that other folks like them too!

Pam
I love traditional quilts, but, I find that the modern aesthetic really inspires me. I got so inspired that I designed my own modern quilt to *hopefully* enter in their contest. I dyed my own fabric, planned the layout, sewed it with no directions, and I'm quilting it on my little old domestic machine.
Liberated, indeed!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kitsykeel View Post
I don't know what the pattern of the year is, but I am definitely looking for Revolutionary War fabrics and patterns to make a quilt for my son, the history buff. Anyone have ideas?
Here's a link that may get you started:

http://www.historyofquilts.com/colonial.html

I think there might be some RW repros made by either Jo Morton or Judie Rothermal--Williamsburg, Yorktown. Their websites might give you better answers. I would Google "RW fabric reproductions" and see what you come up with. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:04 PM

I would love to know more about the "Dear Jane" quilts. Sampler or what? Thanks Teresa
Old 02-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

Not for the faint of heart, the blocks are 4"! Here's a link:

http://www.dearjane.com/

Originally Posted by stampinteresa View Post
I would love to know more about the "Dear Jane" quilts. Sampler or what? Thanks Teresa
Old 02-01-2012, 07:01 PM

Just googled swoon block. Looks great!