Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you buy first??? >

What would you buy first???

What would you buy first???

Old 11-03-2011, 05:20 AM

If I could buy anything it would be a lovely sturdy cutting table, can I have a 2nd choice too please as that would be some Shape Cut templates, really fancy some of those

After basic needle and thread, the only thing I wouldn't want to be without is my patterns, I collect craft patterns and love them.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:54 AM

I would gut my current sewing room (formerly a large guest room) and design it with a larger fold out cutting surface, roll up design wall like a projector screen, & more overhead lighting. I all ready have a mid-arm & frame and the room is big but things just aren't laid out in an optimal design. I move it around but due to the lack of lighting & electrical outlets in certain areas and closet doors all along 1 wall, it just doesn't work like I want it to. I have to use extension cords & power strips to get power where I need it and I've got a big, honking corner desk that is now on my "get it outta here list". I would like my day job stuff back up stairs or in the garage but but hubby has his hobby stuff (and dust collecting exercise equipment in those areas).

I can't do without my stash or rulers. I even take projects on vacation with me. Drives hubby & the kids crazy when they have to make room in the vehicle for fabric, sewing machine, rulers, and a little cutting board. Hey, if the boy can take his X-box--I can take my stuff, too!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:57 AM

I agree with GrannieAnnie -- I love collecting the fabrics for a project, but getting it sewn is the hard part. I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice to have a couple of people to actually sew my projects together!!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:11 AM

I would have an addition added on to our house, so I could have my own sewing space. Right now I have my sewing space in the eat in area of our kitchen, thank goodness we never use the table to eat on : ) so I do not have to put stuff away, but, it would be nice to have my own space. Lots of shelves, for storage, and oh the list could go on and on. Sadly this is not likely to happen anytime soon, at least I do not foresee in my lifetime ! Maybe my next life : )
Old 11-03-2011, 06:17 AM

My very own sewing room with a lock on the door!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:17 AM

A long arm machine for my frame.
Expensive sewing room furniture.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:25 AM

I would have a addition added to the house for a real studio. And of course it would have to have it's own bathroom.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:27 AM

Long Arm Quilting machine, hands down, first choice, top of my wish list. :-)

I can't live without my Pfaff sewing machine. :-)
Old 11-03-2011, 07:38 AM

Good question. If I had an unlimited budget, then I would get a long arm. The thing I can't live without is my sewing machine.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

I have everything I want in my quilting room. No wishes for items but I'd like to add French doors where I have plain double windows. We are planning on selling soon so no use in doing that but I would still love to have them. The one item I can't live without for quilting (other then the basics) is my Go die cut machine.