Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you want to start your sewing/quilting supplies over? >

What would you want to start your sewing/quilting supplies over?

What would you want to start your sewing/quilting supplies over?

Old 02-20-2014, 11:09 AM

rotary cutter, cutting mat, different sizes of rulers and squares, batting, scissors
Old 02-20-2014, 11:13 AM

I think everything I would suggest has been covered - just wanted to add - she is a lucky lady to have a good friend like you! I am sure she will truly appreciate everything and anything.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:13 AM

A few years back we had sever flooding in our community. Several quilters lost their sewing rooms. So with our LQS we all got together and did a quilting shower for them. A very generous Sewing Machine Center donated sewing cabinets for each quilter then a tremendous amount of quilt related items were donated from books and templates to thread and fabric so each recipient wound up with a start to continue again. You might see if others would like to join you and do a shower of this person.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:24 AM

I agree that it looks like everything has been covered. A gift certificate to either your LQS, JoAnns, or Hancocks would be good, but you are providing the best thing which is support and friendship.

I wish her well.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie View Post
You are certainly a good friend. I would start saving coupons for JAF for notions. It sounds like she could use everything. I would start with a mat and rotary cutter, some fabric and thread, the seam ripper is a good idea, but she needs to sew something before ripping!! Depending on what she lost, it sounds like she needs a lot of things. Do you belong to a guild? Maybe you could get a group of members together to help her. Good luck
Sue
I agree, save up those JAF coupons. Notions were just on sale last weekend. Wish you were in California so I could give you some of my excess quilting supplies. But it doesn't rain in California.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:01 PM

charm packs,fat quarters, mat,rotary cutter,pattern book
Old 02-20-2014, 02:24 PM
pw6

sissors, tables, if there is a IKEA near her, they have great prices and you can always check the return room for better deals.. I have 7tables from them and two fabric cabinets with glass sliding doors lots of other thingsas they are very cheap compared to other places and they hold up very well.. Bless her that has to be awful to lose everything.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:33 PM

What is listed above and for sure a 12 1/2 inch square up ruler. A 6 1/2 by 24 inch ruler is my go to ruler for cutting most everything and a 6 inch square one too. A water erase marker and a chalk rolling marker with yellow and blue chalk. I like to do paper piecing so an "add a quarter ruler" is wonderful.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:17 PM

I am sure all the basics would be appreciated, she will eventually replace her favorite extras. Thread and fabric are probably the most important