Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are You Going to Work on Today?? >

What are You Going to Work on Today??

What are You Going to Work on Today??

Old 02-27-2011, 07:59 AM

I guilt-tripped my bf into helping me sand so I'm waiting for him to get done with that so I can wipe down the walls in my sewing room so we can start priming the walls. It should dry fast enough for us to get all the painting done today(crossing my fingers).
Old 02-27-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by gh
I should practice machine embroidering so I can make the bibs for a couple of babies on the way or practice machine quilting that I haven't got the hang of yet, but then I want to cut out my 2" squares for the aprons I'm planning to give as gifts. Of course there's laundry that needs to be done too.
OK, so my vote is to go start the laundry, then cut out some 2" squares since that will make you feel good. By the time you finish cutting the 2" squares, the laundry will need to go into the dryer. Come back to the sewing room and admire the beautiful 2" squares and maybe cut a few more, then put them all away for later and start doing some free motion quilting. How's that? :lol:
Old 02-27-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
I guilt-tripped my bf into helping me sand so I'm waiting for him to get done with that so I can wipe down the walls in my sewing room so we can start priming the walls. It should dry fast enough for us to get all the painting done today(crossing my fingers).
I'll cross my fingers too! :thumbup:
Old 02-27-2011, 08:09 AM

I am going to continue working on my 1st pp project...Jinny's Garden. I am on block #11 out of 13. Need to go to the fabric store for more black! I am getting a little more comfortable with the pp.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:14 AM
gh

That's a good plan, I'll give it a shot. FMQ intimidates me so.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by gh
I agree totally! What brand of machine do you have? I have a big Janome which doesn't do FMQ very good (it' gives "whiskers" on the backside). I got a used Bernina last year and it does fantastic FMQ. I heard somewhere that machines with a drop in bobbin don't do FMQ as well as machines with a front loading bobbin and that's proving true for me.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

Putting the borders on a quilt to send out to Charisma!!! :D:D
Old 02-27-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by blue10moon9
Organizing - Moving in a couple months.
The opposite - we moved this week and I am UNpacking. I have lots of ideas for reorganizing my stash. I am very excited to see it all again. I have a baby blanket that I need to have done - except tying - by next weekend. So I will be sewing some, but not until tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Originally Posted by gh
I agree totally! What brand of machine do you have? I have a big Janome which doesn't do FMQ very good (it' gives "whiskers" on the backside). I got a used Bernina last year and it does fantastic FMQ. I heard somewhere that machines with a drop in bobbin don't do FMQ as well as machines with a front loading bobbin and that's proving true for me.
I got wiskers or eyelashes on the back of a recent quilt and had to take it all out. finally figured it was the thread, my machine didn't like it so went back to the thread it likes. Also found that going around a curve you need to slow down the movement of the quilt not your speed. hope this helps
good luck
Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 AM

Soo much to do so little time. I want to trim a quilt that I finished on the longarm, finish a UFO - borders only left to do (yeah), and cut stars with the cricut for a wall hanging for myself and my DSIL. My quilting room could also use some cleaning from all of the projects. But, it is beautiful here and would love to sit in sun and read. So all things may wait for another day.