Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are You Going to Work on Today?? >

What are You Going to Work on Today??

What are You Going to Work on Today??

Old 02-27-2011, 10:50 AM

Trying to finish a quilt top for a wedding gift. I have ripped out more seams in this one quilt than in all the others I have made combined!!!! Argggghhh!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pam B
I am going to go on-line in a little bit to file FAFSA so youngest DD will get her merit scholarships again next year. Priority deadline for her university is on Tues so I will be a couple days ahead of the game. This will be the last time we have to file FAFSA...she will graduate next year. Whew! I will be doing a happy dance!!! Then, if I feel up to it (since I am currently dying of this crud that is going around), I may work on putting some pieceing some blocks for the Am Beauty quilt I am working on. Right now, I am watching a college basketball game.
Been there, done that. But this is the first year that we DON'T have to do it. DH graduates from Purdue in May with his Bio-Medical Engineering Degree.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:55 AM

I am working on binding my turtle quilt today.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pam B
I am going to go on-line in a little bit to file FAFSA so youngest DD will get her merit scholarships again next year. Priority deadline for her university is on Tues so I will be a couple days ahead of the game. This will be the last time we have to file FAFSA...she will graduate next year. Whew! I will be doing a happy dance!!! Then, if I feel up to it (since I am currently dying of this crud that is going around), I may work on putting some pieceing some blocks for the Am Beauty quilt I am working on. Right now, I am watching a college basketball game.
Thanks for reminding me! I have to do that too.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by cmw0829
Originally Posted by Quilter7x
I have a big Janome which doesn't do FMQ very good (it' gives "whiskers" on the backside).
Just wondering which Janome you have as I'm considering the purchase of one.

Sounds as if everybody has plans for the day. Now let's just hope that we do what we planned!! :)
I got my Janome Memory Craft 9000 brand new about 13 years ago. Several updated machines have come out since I got mine and mine is no longer considered a machine people want to do embroidery on because it has a small field, but it sews great! It's quite heavy, about 35 lbs, so I have a Janome Jem to take to classes. The Bernina is a 180E that is about 13 years old. What kind are you thinking of getting?

Originally Posted by Terryl
I like the solid yellow star, I especially like the way you have it between the 2 blue and yellow star blocks. Awesome job.
Thank you, I was hoping the gold color would give the star dimension.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:42 PM

Driving to our old house to show it for sale. I brought out lots of donation kids quilts to sew and my sewing machine. When we get there I'm going to vacuum, dust and wash rugs. It is not fun keeping up 2 houses. Hope this sells it.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:52 PM

Well I finished up a sewing kit for my DD and hated the way it came out everything is just too crooked for me to be happy . So I went and took a nap. I am not touching any sewing the rest of the day. I am going to go find a movie to watch too something I can disappear in. Feeling homesick too. So a good old movie usually works.
Tomorrow I will cut it apart and start again.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Driving to our old house to show it for sale. I brought out lots of donation kids quilts to sew and my sewing machine. When we get there I'm going to vacuum, dust and wash rugs. It is not fun keeping up 2 houses. Hope this sells it.
We go back to North Carolina next weekend to clean the carpets and meet with the realtor to list it. Keeping our fingers crossed that it sells soon, even if it is a short sell. When we moved from Indiana to Virginia we had to pay both rent and mortgage for 15 months. Hoping this goes much quicker.

Best of luck that you sell it soon.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:57 PM

I am working on handmade wallets for gifts for friends. Then on to some pincushions, also gifts for my sewing/quilting friends.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:59 PM

Practicing feathers on my Tin Lizzie. I need lots of practice.