Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are You Going to Work on Today?? >

What are You Going to Work on Today??

What are You Going to Work on Today??

Old 02-27-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
I am working on handmade wallets for gifts for friends. Then on to some pincushions, also gifts for my sewing/quilting friends.
Oh I sew hope I'm one of your friends :thumbup: :lol:
Old 02-27-2011, 03:00 PM

Spent most of the day quilting for my niece who just had a baby. Lots of stops and starts=lots of tails to bury!
ugh!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:08 PM

I made 4 mug rugs for the first time ever. Had to alter the pattern a bit to make them bigger as we have those large coffee mugs. Now I just need to pull the make-up bag out and wrap with one of the mug rugs for my Mom's birthday this week.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by jrhboxers
Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Driving to our old house to show it for sale. I brought out lots of donation kids quilts to sew and my sewing machine. When we get there I'm going to vacuum, dust and wash rugs. It is not fun keeping up 2 houses. Hope this sells it.
We go back to North Carolina next weekend to clean the carpets and meet with the realtor to list it. Keeping our fingers crossed that it sells soon, even if it is a short sell. When we moved from Indiana to Virginia we had to pay both rent and mortgage for 15 months. Hoping this goes much quicker.

Best of luck that you sell it soon.
Good luck to you also. This is a crummy market these days!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:44 PM

Worked on my daughters "9 Patch on Point" this weekend. It was supposed to be for a single bed but it looks like she'll have a 90" x 90" monster now!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 PM

I didn't get much quilting done this weekend. Did more thinking than actual work! I guess I'll have to make up for that this week :)
Old 02-27-2011, 05:58 PM
gh

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Originally Posted by gh
That's a good plan, I'll give it a shot. FMQ intimidates me so.
I agree totally! What brand of machine do you have? I have a big Janome which doesn't do FMQ very good (it' gives "whiskers" on the backside). I got a used Bernina last year and it does fantastic FMQ. I heard somewhere that machines with a drop in bobbin don't do FMQ as well as machines with a front loading bobbin and that's proving true for me.
Thanks for the advise on FMQ, I need to keep that in mind once I perfect controlling the material. I have a small Brother SE 400 which I purchased just to learn to machine quilt. I've always hand quilted before.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:02 PM
gh

I got wiskers or eyelashes on the back of a recent quilt and had to take it all out. finally figured it was the thread, my machine didn't like it so went back to the thread it likes. Also found that going around a curve you need to slow down the movement of the quilt not your speed. hope this helps
good luck[/quote]

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by dljennings
i'm going to do the fmq (aaarg) on the border of my wallhanging for my office... and take it out, and re do it...

at least that is how it usually works....
yea!! it's finished & in the dryer now.. ready to hang tomorrow...

only took out about 2" of fmq, which would be my personal best... of course this thing is only 25" square... but i only took out 2"!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pam B
I am going to go on-line in a little bit to file FAFSA so youngest DD will get her merit scholarships again next year. Priority deadline for her university is on Tues so I will be a couple days ahead of the game. This will be the last time we have to file FAFSA...she will graduate next year. Whew! I will be doing a happy dance!!! Then, if I feel up to it (since I am currently dying of this crud that is going around), I may work on putting some pieceing some blocks for the Am Beauty quilt I am working on. Right now, I am watching a college basketball game.
doesn't that whole process blow!! finished it up today for youngest dd.. she will be a freshman next fall...so i have a few years left to go.... yippee.