Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what are your personal quality standards? >

what are your personal quality standards?

what are your personal quality standards?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:54 PM

I am picky about my quilting but I don't expect perfection. I do the best job I can but when it come down to it, nothing is perfect. I want it to look good and a small imerfection here and there just give it character.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 PM

Cozy quilter here! I do my best, but don't stress about it. My quilts are made with love! (it helps to give the quilts to people who don't quilt and they never know there is imperfection!!! LOL)
Old 01-05-2010, 06:15 PM

I hold does it make me happy? am I finding joy making this? then its good to go. I get a bit paranoid when I make some items for some people and find I would rather not gift to someone who is that particular. You know the type, the one who notices if you have a tiny spot on your.. if the glasses are not totally spotless.. my son is like this. He is heck of hard for me to make things for. This Christmas I spent three times the normal making his girlfriend an apron. She is not picky. But he was going to be going over it with a fine tooth comb.. are the seams even? (go buy one you dork).. etc.. so for me I like good, when I get great I get a real high but other than removing a seam or two to make blocks line up a bit better I have no issue cutting down all the blocks 1/8th an inch so they match at all even if its not now a standard size block.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 PM

To attain perfection is impossible, at least in this lifetime, so I strive for excellence.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:59 PM

I also like the term cozy quilter! That's definitely me. I try my best, and I enjoy it, and that's all I can ask for of myself.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:08 PM

I made some things to sell for Christmas and I obsessed over each and everyone of them--not that most buyers would notice mistakes, but I would. Know what? That sucked the joy right out of quilting. Never again--I'll quilt to MY standards (which are pretty high) but NOT to perfection. The reason I started quilting was for the joy of creating something for me or to share. That's a great term: cozy quilter. Here's another: happy quilter!!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

I love the term cozy quilter :D:D:D
Old 01-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

I try to do thing well, but perfection isn't a reasonable goal for me. You are right, I need to enjoy the process too.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:45 PM

I'm the cozy quilter type too. I try to make them the best I can but sometimes that doesn't work. I always tell the person I'm giving it to that it's not perfect but it's made with a lot of love. I guess I just feel really good inside seeing the expression on someone's face when they receive the quilt & that makes me all happy! I just love making things & giving them to people.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:45 PM

You've definitely coined a great term - cozy quilter.

I make used quilts. If all the points match, bonus! If not, I don't point out to anyone the ones that don't and think about how I can improve that step the next time. Well, my DH gets to listen to all my woes, but he understands. :)

My goal in quilting is to enjoy the process and to keep learning. I am totally blown away by the talent around me here, but you don't intimidate me. ;-)