Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's next? >

What's next?

What's next?

Old 12-19-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by christinetindell
I am heading to my annual quilt retreat the first weekend of February for 5 days, so I will be sending my machine in for it's annual colonoscopy and pap smear and getting projects ready for my sew-a-thon with my bestest friends!!
You made me laugh out loud!!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:21 PM

What are Downy quilts?
Old 12-19-2010, 07:22 PM

UFO's and a baby quilt for a new great grandchild due early spring.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:22 PM

UFO's and a baby quilt for a new great grandchild due early spring.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:35 PM

I will be working on quilts for two of my grandsons for graduation gifts. I will be finishing a 38" cloth doll and her wardrobe and her stuffed animals for my one year old great-grand-daughter. I will be making two puddin'head dolls for my 4 month old great-grand-daughter. I will be finishing a quilt for the one year old and one for my three year old great-grand-son. I also, need to finish the swedish weaving afghan I am making for my daughter-in-law (the babies' grandmother). That only needs to have the edges finished. All of the weaving is done.

Oh yeah, I just remembered that I also started little stuffed animals and cloth dolls for one of my brother's three granddaughters and stuffed animals for his baby grandson. I made tote bags for each of the girls to carry the toys around in. These all need to be finished by the end of May because we will be visiting family in Michigan then. If I complete all of those things, I will probably make an afghan for my 17 year old grand niece for her graduation.

Whew! I think I had better get back to work. I really hope I don't start the potholders I would like to make for my Mom and three sister-in-laws. I already know the weaved afghan for my other daughter-in-law will be postponed until after our trip. They both already have one I made for them two years, ago. But, if one gets two afghans, the other gets two afghans. I love them both the same and right now they both love me and I want to keep it that way. :)
Old 12-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Congratulations, Davida. There is nothing better than grandchildren. Unless it is Great-grand-children. I tease my sons and tell them I had them so I could have all of the "Grands and the Great-grands." They just reply "yeah- we know , Mom."
Old 12-19-2010, 08:02 PM

My Boss turns 50 next year so I have been collecting fabrics of his hobbies and likes, to make a signature quilt. So far the fabrics I have collected are stamps, coins, chocolates, spicy sauce bottles, food, bright patterned shirts, Taurus Zodiac Signs, American Bank Notes, American Flags, Australian Flags, Couples Dancing, Boots, Hats, Japanesse Writing, plus I will be transferring some photos of him and also his orchids to printable fabric to add another dimension to the quilt. I keep finding fabrics that I can use, so this quilt will probably be quite large. The block I think I will use is called a Friendship Block and is 9" finished. I have until May as you can guess from the Taurus Fabric. Will post pictures when it's done.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

finishing projects and gifts as they come up.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:19 PM

I agree, I decided a few months ago to not rush, rush and learn and expirement with the new things that are running around in my head every night. merry Christmas and do what you want next year.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:05 PM

Working on WIPS & UFO's before starting a new project.
Blessings,
MaryAnna