Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's next? >

What's next?

What's next?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:24 PM

Several UFO's, haven't had the nerve to count them! But I have a new machine sitting on a frame in my sewing room waiting for me to start her up and practice so I can start quilting my own quilts!!!! YEA!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:34 PM

I really hope you can stick to your plans. I have learned that in order to be there for all of our loved ones, sometimes we need to take time just for ourselves to nourish our energies and to give ourselves a little love. Besides it sounds like you have some fun things planned for yourself. :)
Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 PM

My last post was for sewTinker. Still, I think it fits all of us. Happy sewing in the new year to all of us.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:49 PM

I have 3 tops to finish but before that I want to make a quilt for a little girl[11] who has recently has been diagnosed with leukemia. She has already lost all her hair and is constantly in and out of the hospital.She is the daughter of a lady that works for my husband at a Drs. office. Please put her in your prayers. Thanks.
After I get my house back to normal I want to also start on my quilts for some Vet. and wounded soldiers. I couldn't do a lot this year because of being sick for 4 months. I have tried to donate to some charity every year since I moved to SC, from Mi. 6 yrs ago. So I have a lot to catch up on for 2010. Can't wait to get into my stash which is HUMONGOUS. I probably wont use it all in 10 yrs. YES I AM A FABRICHOLIC :(
Old 12-19-2010, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by sewTinker
I am deTermined to Not make gifts in 2011. One year off from gift-making. All of my quilting career (lol... 10 years, minus 2.5 years away from it) has been about completing quilts in time. In Time. Birthdays, mother's day, new babies... I want a year where I am quilting to improve and vary my skills. Where I have Time to fiddle and experiment without the pressure of hurry hurry hurry.
!
Good for you!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:59 PM

I have been looking how pretty the table runners are here on this site and I thouhgt I would try those for birthdays this year.Everyone lives out of state so thought they look small enough and not to heavy to send.Then I need to get hemming some pants which I hate doing. My husband teases me cause my inseam is only 25 inches. So hemming is always something I need to do now that I can't wear heels anymore. Then there is the UFO's. Now that you have bought this up I have more than I thought .. oh goodness there are so many new projects to do though. chucks! what is a girl to do?
Old 12-19-2010, 10:01 PM

I bet that is going to be lovely.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:08 PM

I hope to make something for myself & then do some UFO's - want to try making a cube quilt for my DGS. Also have a baby quilt to do, & hope to make a baby quilt for 'just in case', & maybe another trapper cap with beaver skin, & then I want to do a quilt for charity this year. I want to be burned out on quilting by the time gardening season arrives. It's the first time in years that we haven't gone on vacation in January, so it's going to be a long winter.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:51 PM
JAS

I have several ufo like the rest of u..I have a quilt for a friend to finish setting blocks and attach the h-appliqued panel to. That is 1st on the to do list. Hem a DWR then it's finished, sew Halloween RBR blocks into a top, same goes for DJ blocks, work on 2 of Bunnyhill's h-app tops I have started, then I hoping I have found the quilt pattern for Civil War Bride by Corliss Searcy..anyone have this pattern and would like to part with it?.I want to have it started by summer. In between I'll work on some QOV blocks for a friend who makes them into quilts.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:56 PM

Two baby quilts to finish and another one to start. A block of the month to catch up on, a Gone with the wind block of the month to start. a Shop hop quilt to finish and another one to start. So I will be busy. Also have a request for a table runner to make.