Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: What's sad about being a quilter...

I have had the privilege of receiving quillows, quilts, and a lot of handmade things from my mom that I will cherish forever. Kids and grandkids a like.

Oh April,
    Your avatar picture is adorable. I just love Chihuahua's and yours is just too cute. Especially among the bluebonnets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AprilG
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs
    So many fabrics .... so little time.
    Am convinced this craft is totally addictive... has anyone gone into rehab?
    Are you kidding? This is my rehab!

Quote Originally Posted by AKDaffyodil
    My cousin made me a quilt last year. I was so thrilled and I love it. Here is a pic of it.
    What a beautiful quilt.

IT is my rehab also I have slowed down some but there is still a quilt kit at my LQS that I have to have. HUM, guess I'll be buying it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda58
    Oh April,
    Your avatar picture is adorable. I just love Chihuahua's and yours is just too cute. Especially among the bluebonnets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AprilG
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs
    Are you kidding? This is my rehab!

Quote Originally Posted by HomespunHandmaiden
    You know what's sad about being a quilter?...No one ever makes quilts for us. I make quilts for other people but no one has ever given me a handmade quilt :(
    I'm glad you started this thread. I have a friend who is a quilter and she just moved into a new apartment. I usually give something quilted as a housewarming gift, but didn't know if I should in this case. You have helped me decide to go ahead and gift her a quilt of some kind. Thanks. :D

Patti

I kept the very first quilt I made. Like many of you, I started with Rails. At the same time I was making one in class, I made one at home; so when I finished, I had two quilts. I kept the one I made in class and gave the other one to my son. So someone did make me a quilt ... me.

Blog Entries
    The quilts for quilters swap (which was inspired by this topic) is now up to 13 people. Deadline to sign up is 15 December, with a delivery deadline of 15 Jul 2012. We need at least one more, but are happy to accept MANY more. Please check it out:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-159331-1.htm

Blog Entries
    Wow... this topic here really inspired a lot of people. We now have 28 people signed up for the Quilt for Quilters swap. Some people have started; others are waiting until after the holidays to get started. The delivery of completed quilts is due 15 July 2012.

I hope more of you from this topic will consider joining. We're looking for at least 4 more people.

Project page is here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=216

-- Jillaine

Isn't rehab for getting rid of a bad habit? Not for me--so many quilts so little time. I try to make every quilt a different technique.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Just want to post an update as the Quilt for Quilters Swap (which was inspired by this thread here), is nearing completion. It's been a wonderful experience. 62 women signed up; we had a few drop outs, but it looks like 58 quilts are being made for another quilter. Thanks so much for the initial post that led to this swap. -- Jillaine

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-159331-1.htm
    jillaine

I was given a top made of old, I mean old 30's prints by a woman who was my quilting buddy for years, she has since passed away at the age of 92 and the preacher told the people attending her funeral that she was quilting in heaven.

It is sad but true, the quilter is often overlooked when it comes to being given a quilt of her/his own that someone has made specifically for her/him. IMHO, what is even sadder is someone not appreciating the quilt you gave them.

Quote Originally Posted by HomespunHandmaiden View Post
    You know what's sad about being a quilter?...No one ever makes quilts for us. I make quilts for other people but no one has ever given me a handmade quilt

I've been stewing over a pattern I found that I want to try. I've already got a quilt in the works for 2013 raffle quilt at our church and was thinking I don't need to get too far ahead.

DUH???? Why not make it for ME?
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I was given one for my 40th Birthday! It is a rag quilt made of cotton and the makers of it went around and got all the hand prints of the special little people in my life (my kids, nephews etc.) and sewed them plus their names on it. It moved me to tears!!! I absolutely love it!!!!
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltQtrs View Post
    when you find one that allows fabric, rotary cutter, machines, etc. - let me know

Blog Entries
    I have quilts from my Gramma and Nana both whom have passed. Two are made with Fortrel so they will be around long after I am gone. So I have traditional quilts
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

Actually I've been given two, but in truth, both of them were before I actually started quilting. I suppose they both helped convince me that people "who cut up pieces of perfectly good fabric into small pieces and then sew them back together" are not really crazy!

Have you ever gotten strange looks from people when you tell them you quilt?

Quote Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
    How true. Plus, I think it is very sad we don't get the time to do everything we want to do. The world of quilting (patterns and fabric)is HUGE!
    I second that emotion. It's true... so many projects, so little time...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7