Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite machine today?

What's your favorite machine today?

I just bought a new to me Bernina 830 from my friend so it is currently my new favorite. Just learning it's features is a bit intimidating but amazing.

What about you?
    Linda

congrats on your new machine!
    Michelle Guadarrama

Power Poster
    Congratulations on your new machine! I bought the 440 because the 830 was just too much machine for me. The new 750? is really awesome with the super large bobbin but I will not be getting it. I have 2 Berninas that use the same feet and bobbins and would not like having to buy all new accesories again.

Congratulations on your new baby. Enjoy the thrills of getting to know her. I stepped out of my long-standing Viking comfort zone (love affair) 2 years ago and bought a Pfaff Quilt Expression 3 and I LOVE her. She gives me pleasure every time I sit in front of her. Then this year I got a Janome Gem to take to classes because my aging body protested at the weight of the other machines. What a surprise to find out that I actually enjoy the little darling! Who knew?

Blog Entries
    I have a Husqevarnia Sapphire 830 that I love and sew on every day. I also have an Elna, Featherweight and Brother for class or travelling.
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I have a Janome that I love the most, also have a Viking Sapphire that I am learning to use and my precious little Featherweight.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Congratulations!

I'm still in love with my Janome.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

My dreamweaver, it really is a dream, i did love my espire for a long time though
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    My dreamweaver, it really is a dream, i did love my espire for a long time though
    This is the new one???? Are the new features worth it? What do you like the most?

Blog Entries
    I just purchased a Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 and I'm happy with it so far, it FMQ beautifully! Plus over 600 stitch options makes it a lot of fun!

Blog Entries
    I love my janome horizon. My featherweight is my friend.

I have 3 and I love them all. Can't decide on one over another. I have a Bernina 430, Featherweight, and an 18 inch Baby Lock Crown Jewel midarm.
    Beth in Maryland

I like all of mine. Babylock Jane, Juli TL98QE, Singer 15 Badged Clone, was never used when I got it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

My FW! and Grasshopper!
    I have Many older, kenmores, singers, Viking mega quilter 9inch,Morris(Sp), 2-3 older ones with cams that I can't remember right now LoL, many Vintage ones, All are in working condition.
    BUT the FW and Grasshopper are the Only 2 that I can Start SEWING WITHOUT HOLDING the Thread Behind the FOOT!!! To Me That's A Big PLUS!
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

I love my Bernina machines. I have the new 830 and also my 150QE. Worked my way up from the 150 to embroidery until I reached the 830.

mltquilt

I love my Brother Quattro and I love my little Janome that I take to classes.
    Gloria 

I changed over from a viking D1 to a Pfaff quilt expressions 4.0 and I LOVE it! Love the built in IDT feature and don't think I can ever go back to using anything else.

Banned
    I am loving my new Brother Dreamweaver Quilt/Sew model. Barely have used it, but so far what I have done I am in love.
    the laser light is the bomb!

I have a very old Kenmore that belonged to my great grandmother, was passed onto my mother and passed on to me about 20 years ago. It's solid steel and weighs a ton but it's built into a nice cabinet that opens up into a table and it still works like a dream.

I recently purchased a very inexpensive- Walmart special- can't even think of the brand, I think it might be a Singer- to use out in my office at work when it's slow. It works fine for what I use it for but I still prefer my old Kenmore.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

My favorite is my Singer 15, although I enjoy the 301 as well.

I love using my Janome 10001. Yeah I know it's about 10 years old but it does everything I need it to do. And it does it well. I doubt i will ever get a newer machine--costs is too great these days.

Chris
    What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.

Blog Entries
    I have a Bernina, Janome, Brother ps1500, Featherweight, 301 and 15-90. My very favorite machine and the best stitch of them all is my Singer Quantum, the very first quantum Singer made. It was a special buy as Singer only made one run of these models. I was hesitant to buy it but it has been the best machine I have ever used.
    Last edited by BellaBoo; 10-31-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by joysewer View Post
    I love my Brother Quattro and I love my little Janome that I take to classes.
    Joysewer - what do you do with your 830, mostly? I just digitized a dragonfly that I embroidered on a baby quilt in the border. It was pretty fast and turned out cute. Going to post it next.

Sorry meant this for mltquilt...oops.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by mltquilt View Post
    I love my Bernina machines. I have the new 830 and also my 150QE. Worked my way up from the 150 to embroidery until I reached the 830.

mltquilt
    What do you do with your 830 mostly? It sure is fast.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    My current love is a New Home L372 that I purchased at my aunt's estate sale for $50. It had only been use a few times. It sews a beautiful stitch and gives me the zigzag option that my 301 did not. It also reminds me of my dear departed Viking 6430 from the 70's.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast