Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Your Favorite Ruler Brand? >

What's Your Favorite Ruler Brand?

What's Your Favorite Ruler Brand?

Old 01-22-2011, 07:02 AM

I like the Creative Grids, but the Omni is my fave for general cutting chores. It seems to me that the Creative hang to the fabric a little too much and make removing and replacing them hard. If I were buying new sets of rulers, I would buy the mat that went with it, though. I do know there are very subtle variations in the measurements between manufacturers. I have read several blogs and other beginner tutorials that say the ruler should match the mat. Just a suggestion. (:-).
Old 01-22-2011, 12:43 PM

Creative Grids.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:25 PM

I am with you...have omnigrid of all kinds and many others...but I have started buying Creative Grids....I have talked to several people in the business....some like CG and others don't....I like them and have most of the square sizes several different rulers and have seen others for points, curves etc...You have to use what is easier for you...everybody is different....just because it's been around forever doesn't mean that it's the best....
Old 01-22-2011, 02:34 PM

I went you your web site....My problem is that you are not available in the United States....Do you happen to come to the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas...If you had a booth there I would be interested in trying your rulers.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by cmw0829
I have some Omnigrid rulers that I bought 10 years ago. I recently bought a Creative Grids ruler and like the clean lines. The yellow on the Omnigrid tends to make my (bifocal) eyes glaze over. Thinking of replacing the Omnigrid rulers and wonder what you all like best.

What's your favorite brand of ruler?
I too have both, but am replacing the Omnigrids, as needed, with Creative Grids.
I have a 6" ruler made by Santa Fe Quilting that is BAD! It is green and has 1/4 inch added to each side of the ruler, making it a 6 1/2", but it is really hard to cut squares when you're so used to adding 1/2" to your blocks. Any one else have this ruler?? :thumbdown:
Old 01-23-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by gale
I like the newer omni grids with the green instead of yellow.
I'm with Gale. I like the green Omnigrids because you can see the markings with ease on both light and dark fabrics.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:53 AM

I use Quilters Rule. The lines are dark and clear. I find them to be accurate and the lines don't hurt my eyes.