Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your weakness

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Wow, I dont think I could narrow it done to one thing!!! Quilting in general is my weakness, the fabric, the patterns, the rulers and all the gizmos! :lol: I am just so WEAK!!!!!! :lol:

You and me both. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    I think mine is magazines. I keep telling myself I don't need anymore cause I have plenty of ideas from the ones I already have. Add to that all the patterns I've downloaded from the internet. . . you get the idea. But I can't seem to resist "just taking a look" when I'm in the store. Another problem is that I can't seem to bring myself to get rid of any old mags. So I'm getting quite a stack! I tend to pick one up to read on the plane when I take a trip. Another trip scheduled the end of the month so I'll probably add another to the collection!

Blog Entries
    This web site.... tee hee!!!

Blog Entries
    This web site.... tee hee!!!

farscapegal
    Fabric and rulers.

Sybil

Blog Entries
    my weakness is buying everything that has to do with sewing and quilting ,from fabrics to notions ,books and can,t forget patterns ,im just a spender who always get in trouble for sending to much, what can i say im bad in that department

Christmas, especially snowmen and purple stuff. I can't walk away and I'll probably never cut any of it. It's sad...but it's me!

DJ
    Baby fabric . . . same with yarn . . . baby yarn! Love to make baby items and end up donating lots.

FQ's and batiks and anything pink and country looking patterns and pink and green fabrics together. Just anything quilt like in general!

pal
    Polka dots and stripes. They call my name and I answer!

Blog Entries
    Any and everything to do with quilting.I like it and have the money I'll buy it. And Chocolate.

Fabric is my weakness, especially flannels! They "speak" to me, LOL. My flannel stash is way bigger than my cottons, I suppose because I'm always cold it seems, and it's easier to make another flannel quilt for the living room than compete with my husband over the thermostat! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Hi my name is Gayle and I am a fabriholic. Mine is fabrics. I have to buy some every week, just about. Especially if it is on sale. I have store about a mile from the house and of course it is on the way home. And it is right next to Trader Joes, so I must stop weekly and see what is on the sale table and what new fabrics have come into the shop. All the employees know me by name and everyone says "hello". Then there is my favorite store that had been putting fabrics on sale for $1.69 a yard and I cannot resist buying the whole rest of the bolt of a quality fabric that I like. Everyone there knows my name also. Too bad that store is closing. I prefer yardage cause fat quarters are never enough, especially if I like it. I love lucious florals and I am a sucker for the Kaufman "Fusions" in all kinds of colors.
    Gayle, they say you know you're an alcoholic when all the bartenders know your name...so I guess you really know you're a fabriholic when all the fabric store clerks know your name!

lol. I may have to go today and just say "Hi" to all my friends. The shop closest to my house I have not been in for a couple weeks, cause I spent so much at the other one, well, they will probably ask where I have been. Can't keep them guessing why I haven't visited can I? Of course If I go in I have to buy something...... :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:

I just had to hit two shops today. Didn't buy much, just 2 1 yard pieces, a seam ripper and a pattern at one shop and a 3 yard and a 2 yard piece at the one by the house. Can't go in and say "Hi" without buying something!!!

Blog Entries
    I want it all!!

I went to get some Hoffman Challenge Fabric today and came home with about 20 yards of 9 different fabrics!!!! And it sure didn't take me long to do it either! AND I WAS BEING GOOD! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you're a fabriholic when all the fabric store clerks know your name!
    I go in my LQS once a month, use to twice a month but with workmens comp I have less money. The owner KNOWS me. Yeap was asking about my back, and the row robin if I had sent it off........... :oops: :oops:
    Really I DONT have that much fabric, really honest. Its only 3 XXL bags and one bag has 3 60 x 60 battings and not much fabric, and the rest is well ya know not even to the top...........

uummmmm hmmm When are the meetings>????? I am making excusses that is suppose to be another sign :oops: :oops: :oops:

Blog Entries
    My biggest weakness are those quilk kits on display at the quilt shops. As soon as I walk in the door there they are and I have to have one. Have several waiting to be made but thar does'nt stop me from buying more.

I have three big weaknesses: fabric, embroidery designs and embellishments (iron-on rhinestones, crystals, beads and trims). My quilt room is stuffed to the gills!

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    FABRIC ! Especially on sale is my HUGE weakness !
    Ditto that. I'm avoiding LQS right now, and when I go to Joann, I leave the plastic at home and bring enough cash for whatever I intend to buy with $5 leftover. If there's a sale, I'm in heaven. If not, I didn't overspend.

My weakness is fabric! Especially the new pieces! And to make matters worse, I work in a fabric store! But, since I do, I know when the sales are coming up! I'm also in a quilt group where I get more fabric that has been donated. "Take some home", they say! I've never been one to turn down quality cotton fabric. I need help!

Quote Originally Posted by mpspeedy
    Hi,

I like it all. I have an impressive collection of everything from machines to gadgets. I currently have 4 Bernina machines including an embroidery machine and a serger, a Singer Featherweight and a treadle machine. I have several thousand dollars worth of embroidery software patterns etc., every gadget and ruler that comes down the pike and fabric, fabric, fabric. I just purchased the new Oilso iron with Christmas money. That brings my irons to 5. I have binders full of pattens I have downloaded from the internet and a Magic Box to convert embroidery patterns to a format my machine can use. I have an impressive supply of stabilizers, thread , hoops etc. for my embroidery machine and there is no end in site.
    I even have two floor hand quilting hoops one for upstairs and one for down.
    I have been at this for more than 40 years. If there is really a prize for the one dying with the most I am working on being the winner.

Can I come play in your sewing room!!!!

I have to say I have a weakness for just about EVERYTHING quilting related!! I looooove to fondle the fabrics at the shops and if I see a fabric I love, I HAVE to get it.. I mean what's to say it will be all gone the next time I come back and I'll never get it again!! I just CAN'T take that chance!!!!!!!!

I too have binders and binders of free patterns from the Internet, and photocopies of patterns from friend's magazines of projects I just HAVE to make someday!!! I hope to get my embroidery machine this summer and yes I'll probably be wanting to get as many patterns and threads for the new baby!

I have three machines and share a serger with my Mum.
    I have a nice stash of fabric and I know I will need to buy my house very soon if I am to make room for more fabrics I'll just HAVE to have!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Quilter
    I have three big weaknesses: fabric, embroidery designs and embellishments (iron-on rhinestones, crystals, beads and trims). My quilt room is stuffed to the gills!
    ooh right forgot that one. embellishments!! funky buttons, ribbons, laces, and the list goes on and on!

Dear BarbM,
    I think your weakness is cars! What type of muscle car is in your picture? When was it restored? I am a quilter with a restored GTO and it's almost the same color! jo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast