Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
when do you decide to destash fabrics? >

when do you decide to destash fabrics?

when do you decide to destash fabrics?

Old 10-18-2010, 09:35 PM

Detaching would be just walking away-
Wow-not sure if you need to destash or just need to hire an organizer. I'm sure some of us are hirable to organize for you- "We will work for fabric".

Originally Posted by skothing
Okay this calls for honesty. I have been thinking about detaching. I too don't know when or how. I have 1 26 ft family room full of boxes and bags I have long forgot what is in them. There is a lovely fireplace that I haven't seen in more than 8 years. Then there is a 12 by 14 room down stairs that fabric goes to the ceiling. There are 6 JoAnn wheeled stackable rolling bends, 5 shelves each in that room filled. Also there is a 8 ft box that holds 54 bolts or more within that room. I lost count of how many bolts I have within that box.

My girlfriends decided they wanted to make flannel jackets. So I agreed but they had to use my flannel. Mine is done as well as 2 friends we didn't make a dent in my flannel/
Old 10-19-2010, 02:56 AM

When if ever, I get to my moving boxes, I will de-sash quite a bit and have promised to Riversong and Lodad. Now that my left shoulder down to hand, have been acting up, as as result of a long ago rotatar cuff surg. I will commence to do this after I see a new orthopeadic Dr. As my other ortho's are in Rapid City. Since the surgeon told me the cuff was a mess after a fall, to gingerly use arm, - gingerly use arm, oh yeah!!! My rt arm was found not to have a cuff at all - lucky me, HA But, at least it doesn't cause me any pain.

You outta see me try and curl my hair! Have to put left arm on a towel rack, bend over to get rt. arm up and well, you get the picture!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:31 AM

I think my sewing room might qualify me for a spot on one of those hoarder shows! Well, maybe it's not that bad, but I really hate to part with any of my stash since my reasoning is I just might have a use for that some day. I'm in a quilting group and there are times when someone there is looking for fabric for a project and I might give up a little of my stash for a friend. But it's still with regret that I let fabric slip out of my hands.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:26 AM

now that's funny!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:40 AM

Well, I'm thinking that if any of you really feel the need to "destash", send me a private message and I will give you my address! I will gladly adopt! Just kidding...(or am I?)
Old 10-19-2010, 06:14 AM

Destash? What language is that? Please speak English.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:16 AM

My 2 DILs have asked and received a lot of my stash but I guess they are not sewing now. I had a couple of shelves they could not touch. I still can't part with any of it but I have tried so hard not to buy any more.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Banned

if you havn't used it in 6 mo and don't have a project then destash....or figure out a project to use it.
Scrappy quilts to give away is a good way to use it. I got in an exchange two jelly rolls that were the most mismatched group of fabrics I have ever seen. I sorted them into reasonable color groups (some were not reasonable) and made tube blocks. They now look great and will make good give away quilts.
Use the unwanted stash to clear your mind with just fun quilting. Then give the tops to a group who will finish them.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by NanSew
Originally Posted by Aully
I de-stashed yesterday, I got rid of 9 bags of fabric that I was never going to use and I was also allergic to 5 bags of it. I had to make room for my new cottons coming soon. :)
We need a like button...you know like on facebook.
LOL Thanks!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 AM

Add to de stash; add to de stash; come on baby, add to de stash! linda