Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you sew/quilt? >

Where do you sew/quilt?

Where do you sew/quilt?

Old 08-20-2011, 06:52 AM

Kitchen table :( I live in a little house , not a closet, no laundry room, and one bath room. I see pics of "studios and wonder how I survive LOL LOL LOL
Old 08-20-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by flowerjoy
Originally Posted by debp33
In my own room that faces our garden. I have tables and shelving (picture here: http://debzpicaday.blogspot.com/2011...26-of-365.html )

And in that room is a closet I filled with fabric ( picture here: http://debzpicaday.blogspot.com/2011...57-of-365.html )

It's on the south side of the house and gets lots of great sun in the winter.
I love your quilting room, especially the book cases. What a great stash you have!
Thank you. When I need a fabric, I love "shopping" there!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosquera
I use my bedroom/sewing room and cut my fabrics on my bed with my cutting mat. Then I go to my kitchen counter and stand to sew my pieces. Actually, I rather like to stand and sew. It takes awaythe bending your back alot. Hi honey!
Hooray, you figured it out! :D
Old 08-20-2011, 10:09 AM

I have a sewing room, that I use as my hideaway. I like having my own room, so that I don't have to clean everything up & put it all away. Unfortunely, my family always knows where to find me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

debra
Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 AM

I share the computer rm w hubby but also have the drawers in my quest BR filled with fabric and another sewing machine that embroiders/sews. I have another machine in our BR but have to clean up when done. The computer rm I have the two machines but not a lot of space. I think I'm going to take some time and reorganize for more space. I usually will cut fabric in the dining area/kitchen for the table space or I will set up our card table which I can leave alto I don't like to if we're having company but I can be in the same rm as hubby while he watches football guess I'll be there a lot.Wish I had more space. I would like to take out the guess room bed and put a fold out coach so I could have more rm. We'll see and I'm not sure I like that idea. I don't think there would ever be enough space because the more you have the more things you get. Oh well I guess it doesn't matter as long as we have somewhere. Sue
Old 08-20-2011, 10:50 AM

Im lucky to have my own craft room where I can escape and sew to my hearts content or just relaz in from of the pc.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:00 PM

When our last child moved out I took that room as my sewing room. What I thought was really interesting was how I felt once it was all repainted and sewing things moved in-I was so pleased to have my own room! It had been so many years-raising kids and all. I felt like a little kid-wow! my own room! Kind of funny, in a funny way.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:08 PM

I used to have my sewing room in the Living room which we never used. Stayed that way for many years, 28 atleast. Hard to believe it's been that many yrs. We finally closed in our garage & it in now my Sewing Room. Everything is in one room.
Except for the extra stash of fabric that I am trying to use up. Happy sewing to all....
Old 08-21-2011, 01:18 PM

I used to have my sewing room in the Living room which we never used. Stayed that way for many years, 28 atleast. Hard to believe it's been that many yrs. We finally closed in our garage & it in now my Sewing Room. Everything is in one room.
Except for the extra stash of fabric that I am trying to use up. Happy sewing to all....
Old 08-21-2011, 01:18 PM

Didn't think it went thru