Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is your sewing machine >

Where is your sewing machine

Where is your sewing machine

Old 12-12-2022, 06:16 AM

My machine is on a table pushed under a window that looks out on my garden. My sitdown long arm is against a wall on two sides, but I pull it out into the middle when using it.
Attached Thumbnails dscn7086s.jpg  
Old 12-12-2022, 06:57 AM

Bernina 590, facing my dining room wall sitting in the big air-lift cabinet with back extended, window to the right
Bernina 215, in my front bedroom on a sturdy wooden folding table, facing the TV so I can watch Netflix while stitching
APQS Lucey, in the middle of the basement dungeon room, two small windows
Viking Topaz, in its' case underneath the big sewing cabinet in the dining room
Pfaff Passport 2.0, taking up space in its' case on the floor in the front bedroom (needing to find a home for this one)
Singer 66 crinkle finish (Godzilla), sitting on top of its' cabinet in the basement, but it does work
Viking 905 surger, sitting on the floor underneath the dining library table
And a Viking Mega quilter and a Gem Gold, currently visiting relatives

Old 12-12-2022, 07:01 AM

Cindi - I love the little "trash hole" in your sewing table. What a great idea!
Old 12-12-2022, 07:11 AM

Cindi, like your set-up
Old 12-12-2022, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sewgood View Post
Cindi - I love the little "trash hole" in your sewing table. What a great idea!
After 13 moves and designing 7 sewing rooms I think I’ve finally incorporated all the “I wish my sewing table had _____” things I’ve been wanting, lol. This one has the trash hole, drink holder and drilled-in cups for pins and clips.
Old 12-12-2022, 09:35 AM

I have my Topaz 30 against a short wall overlooking the stairs going to the garage, and when I use it for embroidery, I move it to a larger table next to it, against another section of the same wall, where my desktop computer currently lives, until my new desk is hauled up from the basement.

My Epic is on a farm table in the middle of the room, where my chair backs to the wall between 2 dormers. I have an old student size desk, where my computer used to live, set in an L-shaped position on my left, where I iron, among other strings! If I had it my way though, it wouldn't be a sloped roof over me. I would reclaim the space between the dormers as additional floor space and turn my table against the wall. As it is, I can't flip it, because there's an access door to a small, unused storage space behind my chair, and my husband is weird about covering it up. 😂
Old 12-12-2022, 10:04 AM

Mine sit on a desk my husband built into the closet.
Attached Thumbnails img_2214-copy.jpg  
Old 12-12-2022, 10:14 AM

When not in use my machines are stored on our three season porch in their carriers. When in use, they are on my dining room table. Unfortunately, I have no workable/dedicated sewing room space, so when I'm sewing I take over the dining room. That's usually 90% of the time. They are currently put away until after New Years.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:19 AM

It depends on which machine we're talking about lol. Most of my machines live on tables next to the wall. They're used for piecing or garment/bag making and I don't need a lot of room behind them. I FMQ on my Juki and it is in the center of the room in an EziSew table with a large "folding" table behind it. I have an extension for the EziSew table to make the space to the left of the machine better for holding the quilt when I'm doing FMQ
Old 12-12-2022, 11:27 AM

I have my sewing machine on a long Ikea table with two sets of drawers one on each end. under the table.... My cabinet sewing machines sets under the two windows in my room.. one is a singer treadle ,(1894) refurnished,, and a 301 in another cabinet...my two black featherweights and my white featherweight are in their cases, sitting in the room. They are used when my oldest daughter comes to sew with me..I have a huge closet that is full of cabinets with some material and other sewing items in them...I have 2 glass door cabinets with drawers underneath from Ikea that hold all my fabric that is in with organized by color...my walls are covered with thread racks, a wall hanging, and sewing decor...my long arm is a 6 ft frame with a Janome pro maker 16.. it sits in the room in front of the sewing machine cabinets...and I have my cutting table in front of that..yes it's a little crowded but I make it work...I live with my youngest daughter that built a new home almost two years ago, I moved from my home of 56 years after My hubby passed away....she built me a private suite on one side of the home, bedroom, huge bath and sewing room..I have my own privacy, washer and dryer built in the bath, I love it all, but had two sewing rooms at my other place..so packing up a 11 room home to put into 3 rooms was a challenge but it works for me...I just turned 80 in August, but got a lot of sewing, quilting left to do. I am in good health..and a happy quilter....