Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is your workspace? >

Where is your workspace?

Where is your workspace?

Old 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM

My 23 yr old still lives at home! Has a Pt job not in her field, getting a job in her field (Set design in the Theatre industry) is hard enough in a good economy. Come January1, she has to find a full time something, and pay rent. Right now she does the trash to the curb once a week (that's all we get!)
Originally Posted by Debbie B
That's exactly my problem! My son is 24 and lives & works in West Virginia (been out of the house for 4 - 5 yrs), but he still has stuff stored in his room. He has everything from hunting & kayaking stuff to guitars & lots of cd's and books. I need room for my quilting stuff & sewing machines in there. Not to mention there's also two dog crates & an inversion table in the room. I was just complaining to my DH that when I talk with my DS I will be telling him to either take most of the stuff with him or donate it. I need to clean & organize! Thanks for let me vent.

Originally Posted by chattykathy17
right now it's my Dining room. We've got an extra bedroom, but it's got all of my 23 yr olds stuff in it along with some of dh's junk. They've been promising for 2 years to get it cleaned out, and more so since she graduated college last May of this year. I'm still waiting!
Old 10-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Cyn

I have 3 places- a dedicated bedroom with shelves of cloth and 2 closets full of crafts, a 20x35 room over our garage with tables and shelves of books and magazines and a 14x20 space in the back of our den where I have a long table perfect for cutting. Each place has a couple sewing machines/sergers and all the supplies needed for almost any craft! I love my home! There's still 5 more bedrooms, formal living room, dining room, breakfast room and porch that I have been know to hand quilt on in the beautiful weather we have while watching tutorials on my computer. My hubby and I live here with 5 cats and 2 dogs- It's my dream come true! I have to pinch myself most days!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 AM

That's exactly my problem! My son is 24 and lives & works in West Virginia (been out of the house for 4 - 5 yrs), but he still has stuff stored in his room. He has everything from hunting & kayaking stuff to guitars & lots of cd's and books. I need room for my quilting stuff & sewing machines in there. Not to mention there's also two dog crates & an inversion table in the room. I was just complaining to my DH that when I talk with my DS I will be telling him to either take most of the stuff with him or donate it. I need to clean & organize! Thanks for let me vent.

Originally Posted by chattykathy17
right now it's my Dining room. We've got an extra bedroom, but it's got all of my 23 yr olds stuff in it along with some of dh's junk. They've been promising for 2 years to get it cleaned out, and more so since she graduated college last May of this year. I'm still waiting!
Inform him that you will rent a storage area and send him the bill. And then do it. That may shake him into doing something about it.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 AM

[quote=GailG]

Inform him that you will rent a storage area and send him the bill. And then do it. That may shake him into doing something about it.
Good idea! He works for a river company in WV doing their on-line advertisements and sometimes working on the river. He loves it. I do miss him and definitely wish that he lived closer. He has so much stuff for all this outdoor sports and music that it's running over. When my DD moved out years ago it took her 4 years to get all her things out of her room. I finally packed up the last little bit in a big box and said take home what you want the rest is going to the Goodwill. But, she only lives a few blocks from me. And has a family. My DS travels a lot on the off season from work. The last couple of years he's gone to South America for the rivers and this year will be spending 3 weeks doing the river of the Grand Canyon. What a life!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:37 AM

I have a workroom behind my garage for my longarm, but I get lonely out there, so I do my piecing and embroidery at the kitchen table, and handwork in the living room. Mt stash and other supplies are kept in the work room, too. I set up the ironing board in the kitchen.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:59 PM

Cosyquilter, I laughed at the thought of getting lonely out in the work room :lol: cause i set up an area out in the main house still under construction so as to get away from everyone and they now come out to the main house when ever I go in there looking for me.

Hubby set up his dart board in the same room and now comes in to play darts and DD will come looking for me and hang around for awhile every couple of hours or so I am out there.

I am still deciding if I should be flattered they want to be with me or not? :D
Old 11-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Bev

Since the kids are all gone ... for now, I have a whole bedroom for my sewing/quiltmaking space. It IS the smallest bedroom, but I love it. As soon as I enter that room a feeling of peace comes over me.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Banned

extending kitchen table for batting and machining binding, only hand quilt . so a comfy armchair with table/bed trolley in front to catch weight/warmth of quilt in summer months.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:29 AM

I have a special room made from closing the veranda and keeping the front door closed. It is crammed with all sewing things and office table etc for the computer.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 AM

One thing I have done is named my sewing space.
Some friends of mine also did this.
My space is named "Cutting Corners"
Has anyone else named their space?
(Some of my friends are "Patty's Place", Building Blocks,
Creative Space, Wrapped in Threads, It helps make any
space whatever size, your personal space.