Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who is your quilting guru? >

Who is your quilting guru?

Who is your quilting guru?

Old 04-27-2014, 05:32 AM

Bonnie Hunter, she is my kind of gal. Love her patterns - have made about 15 I think and will make more and have several more in the works. She makes the impossible easy. I can't believe that I can do the quilts I do. I've taken several long arm classes, but Bonnie is still tops.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:13 AM

I haven't taken any quilting classes yet, but my two on line heroes have been Bonnie Hunter and Leah Day. Both encourage you to keep going--don't get bogged down with being nit picky or overcompulsive. Leah encourages you to "keep on trying" and don't pick it out if isn't perfect. That is encouraging as her work is fantastic!

Bonnie (piecing/scrap user):
I like the fact that Bonnie encourages you to "use what you have" and make it pretty even with ugly fabrics. She's not a perfectionist and shows us how things can work even when we thought they wouldn't.

I can't say that I always like everything she has (case in point, the current leader/ender project to me is definitely not something I want to make), but she comes up with enough really, really nice projects out of scraps, that she is totally inspiring to me.

Leah (FMQ):
Leah Day is so down to earth and just plain encouraging in her comments and not assuming that we know what we are doing when it comes to FMQ! She must be so talented that it oozes--seems like she can do anything with a machine and a quilt!

Probably lots more out there are this way (encouraging) --these are just the only two that I've actually spent time watching/listening to on line.