Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Why did you start quilting

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annya
    Have you crochet clothes for a 2inch doll? Full dress, panties and a bonnet, I have. Like you I did a lot of crocheting doll clothes all sizes and had to get away from it for a while. I love needle turn applique but am now trying machine Applique to finish quilts that are backing up.
    Never for a 2 inch doll, but for Barbie sizes, yes. I've probably crocheted just about anything you can think of over the last 40+ years!!!!!

After retirement my husband saw a program on TV and went to Peggy's Quilt Shop. Next thing I knew, I had a Janome and got started thru a quilt program and now I have material I have to use up. Wish someone in Cookeville would just give me another machine so I can get our daughter interested in sewing, too. Hmmm

Blog Entries
    I took quilting classes back in the early 80s. My 4 daughters were in high school and I finally had some "me" time. In the 90s I returned to school, the job market and hung up my rotary cutter. Now I am a grandma and have unpacked my rotary cutter and I am here to stay!

Well i had been around quilting people as long as i could remember. Thefirst and only quilt i hav e actually made is a baby quilt which took 7 years for me to finish 20 plush years ago. when i retired 2 years ago i joined a sewing group and the started a quilt.I have a lap quilt pieced , but procrastanating. I SEWW ALOT.so trying to get caught up on all my projects so i can really get going on the quilting.

My great grandma, grandma, mom and all the aunts have always quilted and they were all very elaborate and fancy. I didn't want anything to do with it. Years later, one of my friends, who was a quilter, had made a Yellow Brick Road out of the most beautiful fall fabrics. I took one look at it and thought "hmmm...that one doesn't look too hard or too elaborate" and I LOVED the fabric. So I went to the LQS, got the fabric and pattern and a ruler and a cutting mat and came home and made my first one. That was almost 10 years ago and I've been hooked ever since. Still won't do fancy or elaborate and refuse to do applique :)

Blog Entries
    I have always made all of my clothes and also for my daughter. During menopause and misc. other health problems, I gained weight and found that it was not easy to fit my new shape. Then, it came to me-I can surely sew to fit the bed-a quilter was born!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6