Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will you join me for our Virtual Quilt Day - Sunday 9/23?

After about 6 weeks of very little quilting I have been sewing up a storm this last week or two. Have made two small lap quilts for my two grandaughters (just need to complete the hand sewing for two sides of the binding on one). That leaves four WIP (sounds so much better than UFO); two identical twin size quilts which have 48 appliqued blocks (seemed like a good idea at the time!) an embroidered tote bag and a sewing pouch. So this weekend I am hoping to finish piecing one of the quilts and to applique and put together three columns of the other quilt, I have set myself a target to finish by the end of September so I can begin on my Christmas list. Rachel you will have to keep these days going to keep me on track. See you all on Sunday, rotary cutters at the ready and machine engines running.

Is it Sunday yet???? I am anxious to get to Sunday...even tho I can quilt everyday, seems the focus of our virtual days keeps me enthused, and I accomplish so much!! What I really need to be working on is gifts for Christmas...Disablilty does not leave a large gift budget...Anyone with ideas for kids and married children? Appreciate all the help I can get!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    Is it Sunday yet???? I am anxious to get to Sunday...even tho I can quilt everyday, seems the focus of our virtual days keeps me enthused, and I accomplish so much!! What I really need to be working on is gifts for Christmas...Disablilty does not leave a large gift budget...Anyone with ideas for kids and married children? Appreciate all the help I can get!!
    How about advent calendars. I know it will be after the advent when they get them, but they make such great keepsakes to pull out every year!! Wallets and purses seem to be a big hit for girls too nowadays, especially with the popularity of Vera Bradley .... Sorry I am not much help!!

Rachel

Just a quick reminder!! Sunday is the day!! I have been working on patterns, and I can't wait to be able to get more done!! My hubby is planning on keeping our son occupied the whole day, so I am going to be a quilting fiend. Here's a peek at a few designs I have already done:

So how is everyone else doing getting stuff together?

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    I am ready to join you!
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

I'll be there!! I've designed a QR code quilt for my husband. I got all 729 3 1/2 inch squares cut out and now I'm ready to get started. Hopefully, I'll actually get started tonight.
    Gold and Silver are made purer and stronger by Fire.

My day with the grandchildren has been postponed until next week so I will be joining everyone on Sunday. I am going to finish the applique on my twin quilt; put the last three columns together and hopefully attach the borders. Then if I get all that done I will start the applique on my second (matching) twin. I hope to get some done before Sunday but I am so looking forward to a great day. Rachel will you be starting a new thread or are we going to post on this one? See you all Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Momyar View Post
    I'll be there!! I've designed a QR code quilt for my husband. I got all 729 3 1/2 inch squares cut out and now I'm ready to get started. Hopefully, I'll actually get started tonight.
    That sounds neat! And totally geeky Is it a readable code to a particular site he's keen on?

ETA: geeky is a good thing in my book. Hope I didn't offend you.

Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
    My day with the grandchildren has been postponed until next week so I will be joining everyone on Sunday. I am going to finish the applique on my twin quilt; put the last three columns together and hopefully attach the borders. Then if I get all that done I will start the applique on my second (matching) twin. I hope to get some done before Sunday but I am so looking forward to a great day. Rachel will you be starting a new thread or are we going to post on this one? See you all Sunday.
    Glad you can join us!! There will be a brand new thread started, so be sure to look for that one!! Honestly the last few months I haven't sewn as much on our Virtual Days, and I was sad about that. this month i am planning on getting a lot done!! We'll see how it goes.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Looking forward to Sunday as well.... not sure yet what I will work on.... today I'm working on a Hallowe'en pillow.... not that I needed a new project. Will check in on sunday morning with my "plan"

Spent most fo the day today handquilting....It seems that th quilt gets larger every day and the end in never in sight LOL It is a queen size scrappy and I decided to do baptist fans for the first time in the larger areaa..time consuming, but it is coming out nice. Going to work on a new project Sunday, even if this isn't finished..need the change of pace..Tomorrow will be quilting and working on a new purse pattern

Blog Entries
    I will be joining it. I am fmq my red and white log cabin and get to stay home all day Sunday and play in my studio. See you then.
    Happy Quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    Going to work on a new project Sunday, even if this isn't finished..need the change of pace..Tomorrow will be quilting and working on a new purse pattern
    I feel ya!! I usually have a few projects going since I never know what kind of mood I am in. I like having lots of different options.

Rachel

Working on a BOM quilt -- have the 12 blocks complete -- am working on the sashings and need to get border fabric I'd also like to machine sew a couple bindings on, so they will be ready to hand stitch down. Who knows what else might be added to the list by Sunday? Looking forward to it!!

Linda in MO

I'm hoping to get some sewing done this weekend, and this should help motivate me to get some done on Sunday. Count me in1

Quote Originally Posted by LTeachergeorge View Post
    Who knows what else might be added to the list by Sunday? Looking forward to it!!

Linda in MO
    I know right? My list seems to get ever longer!!

Rachel

Okay - it's 7am and I'm going to procrastinate for an hour while I take a hot bath. Then it's cutting border strips for me!
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Blog Entries
    I have been asked to donate a quilt for a raffle in less than a month. I'm putting everything (housework, laundry, "real meals", other UFO's) aside so I can get this quilt done and shipped out.
    You can have any design you want. As long as it's loops!

Blog Entries
    I have been joining in unofficially. I work on something every day, but right now I am trying to finish some things to put up for sale to help my daughter buy some product for her business. So I am going to pull some things that are so close to completion and see if I can get several done in one day. Will post later what I decide to put on the 'to do' list for Sunday. I always enjoy reading the posts on the days you all work together.

I'll be here on Sunday. I'll be working on the quilt for granddaughter Mary. I was going great guns when I started it beginning of August but life has interferred a bit and I haven't worked on it at all this month. She got engaged last year and I want to get the quilt to her before she gets married. May in Jersey

Sorry I will miss this one. Hot summer means early crops and I will be driving the combine to pick corn after church. We are just thankful to have crops to pick. Many farmers across the country do not because of the drought.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I'll participate at least part of the day. The Blue Angels are here this weekend and we are going to that tomorrow afternoon. I have some things to finish for a craft fair for our small sewing group. It is a fund raiser to pay for the room we sew in for the next year. I have a couple more table runners to finish and am making pot holders/hot pads from orphan blocks. I am making my 4 adult children quilts for Christmas. Two tops are done, queen size, and ready to be pinned. One is in the process of being cut out, queen also, and I just decided what design to make for the 4th which is California king size. Of course, if I make them one, my 7 year old grandson will want one, too. So I have lots of projects to choose from.

I will join late morning, after church. I have a quilt that is a lot of strip piecing so that is what I am going to work on.

I will be late coming in. Dh and I have to mow fil's lawn after church and I give out communion to a local nursing home.

Ohhhh prefect for a newbie!!! Can I play too?
    My goals are to do the 3 B's on my SQT monthly mini. It's a new pattern for me, but I really like it. Do the 3 B's to "Penny Candy". Then do the test layout on my "Boo" quilt for my son, from there start sewing the rows together. For my TV Time work on hand stitching the second "raven" down on it's background.
    If I get thru all that I've some other hand work to do. I'll let you know how far i get on the list.

Toodles,
    Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast