Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A wonderful LQS experience >

A wonderful LQS experience

A wonderful LQS experience

Old 10-26-2011, 06:33 AM

That's wonderful!!! We have a shop near us that's the same way.....And they've even offered me coffee while there!!! :thumbup:
Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 AM

Our attitude as customers IS important, but it is NOT the main thing that shapes a LQS experience. Attitudes of the STAFF (& OWNER) are the most important factors. I've been to tons of LQS in 20+ yrs. Probably 80-90% have been positive visits, but others not so much. I also worked / taught at 2 LQS, so I've seen both sides and know how customer service SHOULD BE ...
I ALWAYS walk into a shop with a smile on MY face ... but whether I'm solo or with friends, or traveling with DH, there HAVE been shops that ignored us or gave very poor service. Been in shops that were empty, but did not get a friendly Hello or help. Shops where staff stood and gossiped instead of greeting or helping. Shops where they barely came out of the back to acknowledge us. Shops where they stayed on the phone instead of greeting actual customers in front of them. Unbelievable ...
A LQS is a business, not a club or secret society (some think so!) A shop exists for the CUSTOMER ... NOT the other way around !
Their goals should be:
A WARM welcome, even when busy - it only takes a second. It only takes a second for customers to turn and go right back OUT that door too.
Make customers feel like you are GLAD they are there, not annoyed or inconvenienced.
ASK if they are looking for a specific item. If not, please DON'T follow them around or make them feel like they are under surveillance.
Some coffee, tea or iced tea and maybe a plate of cookies go a long way with customers and warm fuzzy feelings ...
You get ONE chance to make that first impression !! :)