Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A wonderful LQS experience >

A wonderful LQS experience

A wonderful LQS experience

Old 10-25-2011, 07:28 AM

Your experience was good to hear. I wish they were all like that.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Any way if anyone is ever in the North Adams Massachusetts area, I highly recommend Tala's Quilt Shop.
You went to Tala's and didn't take me? Sheesh! :-D :-D :-D
I do hear that they are wonderful .... I keep forgetting what a nice trip that is.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
So glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience. I too am soo happy when I enter a quilt shop, whether it is a local one or a shop I have stumbled upon during my travels. I get a little "high" just looking and petting the beautiful fabrics! That being said, I have been completely ignored upon entering a shop, I have been ignored for the 1 1/2 hours that I have spent in the shop, I have been brushed aside when a frequent customer comes into the shop, I have been unable to get fabric cut because the staff was on the phone talking about their plans for the upcoming weekend, etc. So No, I don't think it is the attitude of the customer that creats a less than spectacular LQS experience. But I also won't spend my money in those shops either. There will always be another LQS down the road that will have the same fabric selection and that will have friendly and helpful staff that will get that sale. I just don't visit those shops again and I'm sure that it is no sweat off their back that I don't come back.
Yes. I agree, it is not always the customer. I have been in auntpiggylpn's place where I am happy to be there, and want to find something to go with my project. But the staff have not even acknowleged my existance--and that's saying something I'm not small--when they stood in front of me looking straight at me. Service is still the best seller in a store of any sort.
There are those places that are so into "making money", and yes they are a business. But as a customer don't tell me that you will only put something in your shop that will make you $$$$ and tell me what your markup is for such and such. Then complain to me that people won't buy it. Chances are I am not the only one who heard you say that.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:56 PM

tala's is on the ma shop hop i go on every year... it is a great shop... unfortunately, its a 2 hr drive...

we go during the shop hop in october.. and get the 20% coupon for feb & march.... so we have a mini shop hop then ...wait for a good weather weekend!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter
Thank you for sharing such a positive LQS experience! Having a good attitude always help produce a good experience.
Yes it helps , but they are not mutually exclusive. Certainly, we've all run into situations where someone is working retail who shouldn't be .

My friend and I love visiting this one quilt shop. We're always excited the minute we walk in the door because 99% of the time the experience is perfect. The owner hugs us, gives us coffee and cookies, helps choose fabric, etc..But there's just one worker there who will deflate the fun out of the situation the minute we see her. My friend, who is the closest thing to an angel on this earth , will invariable turn to me and say, "oh no, Becky ( not her real name) is here."
:lol: But we still manage to have a good time, we just try to be as invisible as possible. It's still my favorite place to buy fabric!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:10 PM

Sounds like you had a woderful time, and more to look forward to.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:06 PM

Makes you want to Shop at no other doesn't it? I am happy that you shared this great experience. Always love to hear of a wonderful Shop & Staff.

We also have a very nice Quilt Shop here in OKC...Savage Quilter. Debbie the Owner is so kind and sweet & so is her Staff. Very helpful if you need help but leave you alone to enjoy yourself if that is what you want. I always feel great when I leave there. They do give confidense if needed as well.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:43 PM

I just recently went on my first shop hop and several of the owners/employees were very accommodating even with the aboundence of customers. And, I'm planning on returning to those shops. A friendly smile and a helpful hand beats the big stores any day. And to add to the excitement of being surrounded by all that beautiful fabric, if that isn't enough, you never know when you wil meet a new friend.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:34 PM

Congrats on finding you new favorite LQS. I do know where N Adams, MA is, as I was a MA resident from over 40 yrs. Next time I'm visiting in the area I'll be sure to pay them a visit and tell them you recommended the shop to me. :-D :-D :-D Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:19 AM

Great experience...thanks for sharing!