Would this book cover catch your eye?

Old 08-27-2011, 01:25 AM

number 2 here and the title is great
Old 08-27-2011, 01:25 AM

number 2 here and the title is great
Old 08-27-2011, 01:52 AM

# 3
Old 08-27-2011, 06:44 AM

I like this one the best, but think it would be more eye catching to show the entire image with a small photo in a corner. Looks like an interesting book.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by grammatjr
I am working on writing a book of my Stained Glass Portraits, and over lunch time, was playing around with ideas for the cover.

Most of the text of "how to" is done, just need a little more detail here and there, and then I need create some generic patterns (which I may ask for volunteers to make up for me, to add pics to the book).

What do you think of this? And how does the title catch you?
Due to a family emergency, I am behind on reading the board so I know this response is late but number 3 is great for the cover because it gives the clearest picture of taking a photograph and turning it into a quilt. I have been wanting to try one of these quilts. I think they are amazing. I think you will finda a market for your book.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by grammatjr
I am working on writing a book of my Stained Glass Portraits, and over lunch time, was playing around with ideas for the cover.

Most of the text of "how to" is done, just need a little more detail here and there, and then I need create some generic patterns (which I may ask for volunteers to make up for me, to add pics to the book).

What do you think of this? And how does the title catch you?
Due to a family emergency, I am behind on reading the board so I know this response is late but number 3 is great for the cover because it gives the clearest picture of taking a photograph and turning it into a quilt. I have been wanting to try one of these quilts. I think they are amazing. I think you will finda a market for your book.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:06 AM

I like number 3 but then i'd like to see a completely different finished quilt in the lower right or left corner or a series of finished quilts along the bottom?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by eltakay
Hi Trudy,

I sent you a PM a short time ago. I was so intrigued when I first saw your technique that I jumped on downloading the file you provided. Now my first attempt is almost completed except for the final edge trim and finishing. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the process.

Today I caught this thread about cover ideas for your proposed book. Having just done the technique my preference is definitely #2, with #5 for the back cover. I agree that the text should be wrapped and not overlay the images. As for using the term Portraits, my feeling is it makes a great first impression. The fact that subjects other than people can be done this way could be conveyed in a tag line on either, or both, the front and back. Include a small graphic of a landscape or still life, with an offset of the fabric image on the back cover to further illustrate the point.

Thanks again for devising this unique process.

EK
White Mountains of Arizona
Thanks for the suggestions. And Yeah - I am so glad someone has tried it and likes it. Looking forward to seeing your quilt. :-P
Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Sorry, I probably should have PM'd you about the pics rather than posting them on your book cover thread. I just got carried away and not thinking so well as I am wading thru the fibro fog today.
Please excuse my bad manners.
Hugs and smiles!!
Glad you are excited! I will PM you about the pics -thanks!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:28 AM

I like number one.