Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would you pay that much? >

Would you pay that much?

Would you pay that much?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:33 AM

NOT A CHANCE!!!! I certainly don't have an income to afford such fabric, I can hardly afford JoAnnes with a coupon!!!
Hey, let's not knock Birkenstocks, however! Those are really comfy shoes!!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Libby
Notta. I have a question about printing photos on your computer. Is there a "softer" but better version or way to do it without using those printer sheets we get at the fabric store. I used one of those with a pic for a little boy I did a quilt for and the picture is almost gone. You can't hardly see it. I'm just wondering if there's a better way to put pictures on fabric so they won't fade away quickly. I thnk his mother washed it in the washer but I'm sure she didn't use anything that should have caused that pic to wash out so bad. Ideas?
I have printed many pics on fabric and all have survived quite well. I have used Bubble Jet from the beginning. It takes a little longer to prepare your fabric but I think it's well worth it.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
To me, it reads that she sells an upholstery material made of recycled plastic bottles. That would be too heavy for quilts, but I have seen material that expensive used for furniture and drapes. Not at my house, however! Anna's Linens works just fine.
I haven't read all the posts, but 2 things I noticed the fabric she designs is listed as upholstery fabric, with fq's for quilters.
Upholstery fabric is a lot more expensive and if it is for furniture rather than drapes, it probably is even more expensive. Last summer I happen to stop by the area in Joanns with home decor fabrics and if I recall they started at 27 per yard and went up. Then this isn't regular fabs but is designed by her so it is probably special order pricing.

I think the only way a quilter would want a fat quarter (which I suspect the fat qs are to sale off the end of a roll that is too small for regular projects-but just supposition on my part) would be if MAYBE for something like a crazy patch quilt. Or a pillow to go with a quilt. OK or maybe a wall art type quilt.

I certainly can't imagine putting upol. fabric in a regular quilt.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:51 AM

Too much for my pocketbook!!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:17 AM

I don't think I would spend that much on fabric. I'd have to be crazy or it would have to be something that I could not live without. Dream on.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:44 AM

I guess if you are working on a special art project or a gift for a very special occasion, maybe. But this certainly is not going to catch on with most of us for quilting projects. I did go to her website and her fabrics are almost like a picture in the detail. They are beautiful. http://marthaflood.com I also noted that she says her fabric feels like cotton but is made of recycled plastic bottles. With the news of the cotton prices going up, do you think this might be more affordable than cotton some day?
Old 11-19-2010, 12:03 PM

After looking at her fabric, it is fantastic but I do agree with those who say it is not quilting fabric. It would make nice wall hangings but not for me in upholstery fabrics. I know that those who put the time and money in to their art need to set the price so they can make a profit, otherwise what is the sense?
Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM

No I wouldn't pay that for quilting or upholstery fabric.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:27 PM

I would never pay that much!
Old 11-19-2010, 12:33 PM

Personally no, however I have sold fabrics in the excess of $350 per yard for Interior Design. I too do not think these would be justified for a quilt unless the person has more money than they know what to do with. There are people like that out there tho.