Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
yo you quilting >

yo you quilting

yo you quilting

Old 08-20-2010, 08:12 AM

I love to make the round yo-yo's. I don't use the makers, just cut circles and sew them up. I've made thousands the last several years and use them in various craft projects and sewing projects. I've never made a bed spread with them since I wouldn't use it.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by DeniseP
Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
Originally Posted by misseva
yes, i have that one. it's what i used on my quilt. they start out so BIG and end up so small. i used the next to smallest size on the catapillar. they came out approx size of a quarter. i did see the other sizes/shapes in a catalog but it's not as easy to make a 'flower or heart' shape as it is a circle. AND i probably won't be using them all that much in the future.
I did purchase two sizes of the heart and all of the circles and the small flower. I don't recommend the heart or flower as they make me want to scream and tear my hair out. LOL
The smallest circle makes a teeny tiny button sized Yoyo. It is sooo cute.. I have not used the ginormous circle yet but I'm thinking that one will eat up alot of fabric fast.
I have a couple of pamphlets that have projects that you can use Yo yo's with.
Your quilt looks Lovely and please if you have made anything else with your Yo yos post pics for us?
Thanks for sharing.
:XD:
Where did you get pamphlets on yo yos?
Gee, you would ask me that. lol
I usually get stuff like that at garage sales/close-outs at hobby/craft stores. PM me and I'll see if I can get you one.
:XD:
Old 08-20-2010, 03:16 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-42032-1.htm
Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM

I seen a yo-yo quilt and had to try my hand at making one. I got all the round yo-yo makers by Clover. I made a yo-yo quilt to fit my California King. I used the extra large/yellow yo-yo maker. took only 2,016 yo-yos. now I making throws for all my girls. these will be backed.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by treee
I seen a yo-yo quilt and had to try my hand at making one. I got all the round yo-yo makers by Clover. I made a yo-yo quilt to fit my California King. I used the extra large/yellow yo-yo maker. took only 2,016 yo-yos. now I making throws for all my girls. these will be backed.

show us a picture! bet it's a beaut.

FREE Quilting Newsletter