Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You can send me my official membership card to the UFO club now

Power Poster
    Since you are having the group in, you could "accidently" leave a couple out you don't want to finish and hope they disappear? I have a fair amount of UFO's but I'll get to them all......eventually.

Blog Entries
    It happens to the best of us! I vow to finish what is started before I start anything new.
    Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by corkygal View Post
    I keep telling myself that I am not starting any new projects until I clear up my UFO's...I am delusional!
    You can tell yourself anything you want as long as you don't start believing everything you hear! I found the best way to finish what I start is to ignore it. My husband will finish it. However, that hasn't worked, so far, with quilting. He just laughs! Oh, well, at least he isn't threatening to clean out my closet!
    April
    Is there a doctor in the house? I just got bit by the quilting bug!

Ooooh! I really enjoyed looking at the quilts in the UFO club. Since I've only been quilting a little over 3 years I didn't think I'd EVER have UFOs but I was wrong! Early on, I made the blocks from a Shop Hop. I managed to get all the blocks save one finished and purchased the fabric for the back but that's as far as I got. Most of my others consist of plastic bags of fabric I've collected to do a particular quilt but I haven't gotten to it yet - there are several of those.
    Pat

I am very slowly getting my UFO's done. Now if others would just stop asking me to do things for them. And yeah they are people I cannot say no to. There aren't many of those. I got annoyed when I looked for a project I wanted to do and couldn't find it so I am in the process of making a big mess reorganizing Everything . Maybe I should have joined the challenge. lol

Blog Entries
    WElcome to the club. Our guild has a UFO challenge every ear ad we have to submit a fat quarter for every UFO we finish on our list. Some people have over 200 of themor PIGS (Projects in Grocery Sack).

I am convinced that a fairy slips in during the night and leaves more UFOS. I can never get to the bottom of that pile.

Welcome to the club. I have a few that built up, but I had a friend (we lost touch) who had I think over 200.

You are brave - I would not be inclined to count my UFO's - I only count the ones stacked on the floor, they drive me nuts so I finish them.

Keep your dues honey. Just know we share your pain and we are here for each other. lol

Welcome to the club! Right now I have so many UFO's I don't know where to start. Hoping this will be the year I will get some of them finished.

Blog Entries
    When you get of 100, then you really have something to work on. I am on a UFO challenge this year. My goal is to get 120 of my 130 projects done by end of year. Join the UFO Challenge on this board.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Sounds fine to me!!

Thanks for starting this thread. I got my chuckles for the day from reading and identifying with many of you.

When I was a professional seamstress I used to organize my work this way. I did the job that needed the least amount of work first, got it done and out of the way. Then I went on to the next biggest job. That way worked for me for years. Now I generally finish whatever I start, it's easier that way.

I don't have that many but I'm catching up!!! lol
    Kitty

I have so enjoyed the replies to this post. I agree with some other posters about the UFO's multiplying in the closet. It's almost like the gremlins. Oh well, at least they won't bite. Although they may catch an ankle if they are stacked up and fall over.
    UFO Club Member since 1995.

Consider your dues PAID! On January 2, 2012, I started to make a list of UFO's in my room (you will notice I said "started")....I became discouraged, so I stopped at 20. At that point I had only counted the things I could see not the kits/items buried under those. At that time I said I would start a campaign - so far I have managed to cross off seven items....still a bunch more to do. Setting aside Fridays each week makes it easier....my LQS has open sew on that day so I am removed from any distractions at home - no computer, no laundry, no yard work, no kitchen, no nap. I sew diligently from 10 to 5 with 1/2 hr for lunch. Your retreat sounds great - how nice of you to do this. :-)

*knocking on the door peeking my head in*.....Hi...Um...Is this the room for the UFOers? I count ten and that's just from lifting my head from the computer....If I can't see it, does it count?
    Michelle

After reading your post, I am afraid to straighten up my stash closet. I don't think I want to know how many WIPs I have hanging around in there. .
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2