Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You know who you are

Blog Entries

You know who you are

I havent been a member of the board very long and there is something I need to say. Since joining the board I have met and made so many friends. I live in a small rural community where needless to say it is difficult to find alot of people with my same interest. The people here on the board have been so nice. I have received so much help with anything you can imagine since joining. Members have given me encouragement when I thought I couldn't do something, sent me links for things I was searching for, mailed me patterns that I didnt have, sent me templates, and most recently sent me fabrics from their stashes when I could not find the right ones for a project that I was wanting to do. All of you mean so much to me that I can't put them into words. To all of you and you know who you are, please know that all of you have brought joy and laughter into my life when I otherwise could not find it and I could never repay you for it. Thank you guys again so much for being there and being my friends. I love you guys.

Blog Entries
    awhh...that's so sweet! most everyone here does try to be friendly and fill a void---there are certainly good things about the power of the internet- it has opened the world to us and allowed us to connect where otherwise we would have been alone. i am so glad you have found such happiness here & hope you enjoy our community for many years to come.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

what a nice, cheery message for this very sleepy mousie!
    I'm happy for you that you are enjoying the QB and meeting ppl as well as learning.
    I never knew real-hobby-joy till I was able to sew AND share with others. It's almost like a party!
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    Sweet. That is the way quilters are!

This is a wonderful, friendly board. I love it here.
    Heather

I know exactly what you mean! I have enjoyed my on line friendships with people that have similar interests. When I was in the hospital, I had so many well wishes from the people I have met in the chat room...Being disabled, I do not get out much, and you have all made my life so much more bearable and happier by being there

Since I joined this board, I have been totally addicted to it. If I am too busy to get on the computer for a couple days, i feel like I might have missed out on something by not being on this board every day. It is a wealth of knowledge. It is better than any magazine. Just today, I posted a link asking about a stack and whack block and what size is the triangle in a pack of turnovers--and right away I had some responses and found out the answers to my questions. I, like you, love this board and everyone on it. So--thanks to everyone--from me, too.

This is a really great place. I spend every night here for a while before I "try" to go to sleep. I HATE INSOMNIA. But it's nice to have a place to go at 3 am.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I so agree mdall! I'm not rural (but wish I was) but sometimes still feel isolated! I haven't found a guild near enough or with convenient meetings that fit into my schedule. ! LOL Now I feel like I am surounded by "sisters of the needle" who are so willing to share thier knowledge and encouragement!

In my few months here on the board I have learned so much ( like places to buy batting by the role) and am about to embark on a Mystery Train Ride with many of my new friends! Sounds like they all like to cook and eat! LOL Hope I don't gain too many pounds on this journey!

This is a wonderful board! I too have had a lady to send me bobbins for my new machine, more than she should have. I am eternally grateful. I don't have a large stash, or know about about quilting yet, but I do try to help when I can.

I learn so much from this board and take everyone's suggestions and opinions to heart when I ask a question. So thank you from me too.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

With all of you here, I'm not alone even when I am home alone. You brighten my every day and I thank you all. I have learned so much from so many. God bless you all.

I so agree! I, too, live in a rural community and have no one to quilt with. I am so glad folks on here are so helpful. Quilters really are the nicest people!

saf
    I know exactly what you mean. I had to take a break from using the internet because of illness and really missed the board

Power Poster
    It is a great place to be!
    SueDor

I too have made friends because of this board and appreciate all of you. I have attended meet and greets in both MI and FL and have continued to see my new board friends. In FL, one of the ladies invited me to her home where she has a sewing bee every week.

If you cannot locate a guild in your area, try setting up a meet and greet and see what happens. Contact a local shop and ask if you can meet at their store, and make a reservation at a nearby restaurant. Advertise it on the board and see what will happen. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the response.
    Jean in MI

What an uplifting topic!!!!! We all have different NEEDS (besides our quilting habit (who knew there was life outside quilting lol) and this certainly is an awesome place to come. I haven't joined the chat room yet, but maybe I'll try that next
    Wendy

I feel the same as you do about this Quilting Board!!!

This is the best site for help, encouragement and laughter. The inspiration from the quilt pictures keep me going. When I can't sleep, I really appreciate being able to spend time with everyone here.

Blog Entries
    I agree that this Board is friendly and a good place to hang out. Blogs aren't my thing, Piinterest doesn't do it for me, but this Board does. I moved here two years ago and so far, the Board folks are my only friends. I have acquaintances, but it's different. Here, you have the common interest of quilting and that's sure a good place to start friendships! Thanks QB!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I so totally agree!!! What a great, knowledgeable group!!!

I wish there was a "like" button for your post. It's a great message.

How sweet. These people are really nice. I live in a rural area too and I'm not really a go out and meet people person either so I depend upon everyone here to answer my questions and encourage me. I'm glad we all have such a nice place to meet. I see you're a hillbilly too. I live south of Beckley.

Blog Entries
    This is a great place to be. Everyone has been helpful to me and I should know the things that I get from here.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Yes indeed! I met a very good friend through this board shortly after I lost my DH last august, we met at the LQS, she told me about the local quilt guild, and has been there for me every since! I love this board!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    yes this board is full ofwondrrful people as I have had the same experience

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast