Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you a pattern junkie? I am. >

Are you a pattern junkie? I am.

Are you a pattern junkie? I am.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:55 PM

I was bad enough before the computer came along now I am WORSE quilts, needlework. recipes, christmas crafts, etc. I guess the computer is better than hording books and patterns in every nook and cranny.That's where I was headed....
Old 02-29-2016, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by lenyadora View Post
Yo también colecciono patrones en mi ordenador. Yo sólo se imprimen los que creo que me podría hacer posible.

Translation, anyone?.......sorry read the translation...thanks
Old 03-01-2016, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by wellphooey View Post
It is soooooo easy to search for something too: there is a program called agent ransack (find on google) that will search not only the filename but also the contents of the file for any word in it. Like if you want the pattern with windmills in it, but that isn't the name, you can search for windmills and the program will find it if the word is in the contents of the instructions. Or searching for a recipe that contains kiwi, just search on kiwi.
Thanks for the tip! Will check it out.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:56 AM

We are so lucky. After reading what you all had to say I started remembering how my DGM and DM used to search and try to find or make up a new pattern to have something new to quilt. Now we have so many our hardest time is trying to make up our mind the one we want to do next. We live in a good time for quilters.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:27 AM

I have done that. Some I print, some I have lost when the computer crashed. I have a couple boxes of printed patterns and lots of books, though not near as many as some folks I know. Some I burned to a CD and put in the box. . . Some I think about and know I want to do; some I realize after the fact that I don't really want to make them.
My problem is I cannot decide what to do with the fabric I have. I find a pattern, sort through and find fabrics and then find I can't start yet because of something, like house cleaning or yard work, so I set it aside. Next time I have the opportunity to consider making one, I'm past whatever I had chosen and want to do something else.
If I could crank one out like some folks do, this would not be a problem, but I am no where near as experienced and no where near as talented. And I think I'm Type A. A little. Maybe it's ADHD. Still, I have more quilts than we use.
I have quite worrying about it and just keep keeping on. . .
I actually like just looking at the books, like a picture book. I love the geometry and color and consider them art. It's like looking at the Sears catalog and dreaming of a house plan on the page. . .
Old 03-01-2016, 10:51 AM
mim

remember looking at the Sears Christmas catalogue?? We knew we would never get anything , but it as a fairy tale book. Yes I save ideas -- pictures and I have a file called board ideas. Periodically I weed them out.

I use photos of holidays for my screen saver and have them change every 30 seconds.

I don't make a lot any more since I got married again. I used to after I retired and lived alone. Now I do the Mini swap ad small stuff -- but only one big quilt a year. I had quilt while I watch football and baseball on TV

Mim