Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Is your sewing area 'inviting'?

Joyce, I am looking forward to the coffee!

My sewing room is very inviting and pretty. Even non quilters like to hang out there and poke around looking at my fabric and how I cleverly store things.

My poor sewing room is a war-zone. I had to move my sewing machines into the living room because of the addition we are building onto our house and the sewing room will become the hall/storage area. I am losing my sewing room :(

I have always sewed in a small area that was organized chaos. Now that I have a small sewing room, guess what, it is still the same. I like to just go in and root out a project and sew away. Doesn't bother me that it is quite a mess.

My sewing room or studio is not inviting-but I'm working on it between other projects and life interfering. My dream is to have it be a place where i can invite friends in to see where i create and maybe inspire them to join in this addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny
    My sewing room is very inviting and pretty. Even non quilters like to hang out there and poke around looking at my fabric and how I cleverly store things.
    Please share any storage ideas.
    I have just spent 2 to 3 hours cleaning up my space. Looks much more inviting now, even to me:)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Well not too bad but unfortunately I have three rather large quilts laying out on the floor. I am piecing two and DD the other. We need a place to put them so we know what part to sew where. Drives me crazy! I NEED a display wall bad.
    Good Gravy! My livingroom isn't as big as your sewing room! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny
    Can you show pictures of how you store your things?

Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Well not too bad but unfortunately I have three rather large quilts laying out on the floor. I am piecing two and DD the other. We need a place to put them so we know what part to sew where. Drives me crazy! I NEED a display wall bad.
    Good Gravy! My livingroom isn't as big as your sewing room! LOL!
    Me either. My whole house is small enough that I can't lay out 3 quilts! I wanna come spend time in your sewing room; you probably won't even see me!!! (envy)

Banned
    haven't got a sewing room, machine/bat in kitchen on extending table------cosy with aga.
    sew anywhere with an easy chair, sitting/parlour or garden room.
    all fabric kept [haphazardly] upstairs in large bedroom!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm machine quilting my Dear Jane Christmas quilt - and I'll post pictures when I finish. there's JUST enough of a path to get to the machine.

We have 'leaf peepers' visiting Thursday, and I've decided they don't need to see a cleaned-up version of my sewing room. Why should I lie? I wish I had enough time to make the sign someone else mentioned ~ ' Welcome to our home. Please don't write your name in the dust.'

I always tell my family I don't care if they write their name in the dust, just don't date it!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7