Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
*****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED** >

*****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED**

*****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED**

Old 01-03-2011, 09:48 PM

Ok Luv, just yell if you need me to do the three! G'Nite!!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
whoops mis-counted.. still have 4 sets open and available..
Good Morning LuvTooQuilt,
I've got my 2 ready to go but you can put me down for another 2 (4 total).
Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 AM

Hi LuvTooQuilt. I went yesterday to the PO to send off my sets and the postage for the priority envelope went up to $4.95. Just wanted to let you know. Hope I sent everything off ok! Thanks again for doing this swap! I Can't wait!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Leezer
Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
whoops mis-counted.. still have 4 sets open and available..
Good Morning LuvTooQuilt,
I've got my 2 ready to go but you can put me down for another 2 (4 total).
hold off on mailing the addt'l two sets Leezer.. Still waiting to here back from the another member if they decided to take the last three sets yet.. Ill get back to you-later today..

Thx,,
Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by WonkyWanda
Hi LuvTooQuilt. I went yesterday to the PO to send off my sets and the postage for the priority envelope went up to $4.95. Just wanted to let you know. Hope I sent everything off ok! Thanks again for doing this swap! I Can't wait!
yes thanks for the update.. Ill make the corrections..
Old 01-04-2011, 10:19 AM

A couple of things...

One-
If anyone has any boxtops for education my lil one is collecting them for her class..

Second-
if anyone has any scrappy patterns I can 'borrow' please send them with your squares and Ill return it with your swap.. any size from baby to king- I just need ideas and inspiration for easy scrappy quilts that I will be donating to 'Newborns in Need..my goal has been a quilt a week and I'm getting tired of making the same 'ole ones..

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Wow I just made it in in time!
Thanks again
Old 01-04-2011, 02:54 PM

Sign up now closed. We have 2 large groups and 168 sets coming to swap... WE ARE CLOSED FOR SIGN UP..

By now everyone should have rec'd my Hostess information PM giving you the recap of this swap along with my mailing addy and instructions. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have any questions ASK THEM!!!

A few of you are having a hard time with your local post office. Here's the inside scoop-

You may use the FLAT rate envelope for up to 6 sets however you need to make sure the FLAP closes so get out as much air as possible from your sets. You MAY TAPE across the flap BUT it has to close first with out the packing tape.. Use PACKING TAPE do not use scotch tape, duck tape or anything BUT CLEAR PACKING TAPE. Go all the way around the envelope-front and back - starting from the flap (back) to the front to the back again- DO NOT TAPE OVER YOUR POSTAGE STAMPS it will void the stamp immediately. Next tape over your mailing label. again start from back to front to the back again- One continuous strip of tape- squishing it down to keep the air from filling the baggies again. Once you do this you will see what I have to do for each and every one of your envelopes.. lol..

FYI - The post office is having issues with the bulging envelopes that are taped end to end, corner to corner so that no part of the envelope has been left without tape. However they will accept the way I have posted -the flap being taped and the label being taped. even if you have to call a manager- the reason you should give is: you are making precautionary measures to keep the flap secure & mailing label intact during the shipping process.

PS you can ship in a tyvek envelope to me as well However, I will ship FLAT rate as I will not calculate postage for 41 people..

Hope this helps everyone..

With that all said and done.. LETS SWAP!!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:49 PM

Whew!! I bet you're glad that part is over!!

OK, whats next for February!! HA! HA! Geee don't hit me!! HA! Just kidding!! Please..don't kill me..really kidding! OK...forget I was even here...I'll sneak out, you'll never know I said a word! Heee heee!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:18 PM

Momma_K you are funny! There is a post office in the building where I work. I will check with them before mailing, but I agree that if we make sure we squish all of the air out of the baggies, there should not be a problem getting them all into one envelope. Ican't wait! Thanks again, luvTooQuilt.

Midwestqltr