Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** >

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

Old 11-23-2010, 04:56 AM

I do feel very lucky. That's not even counting the 2 Hobby Lobbys and all the shops in Amish country which is less than an hour away.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:59 AM

Please stop, you are killing me here lol

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I do feel very lucky. That's not even counting the 2 Hobby Lobbys and all the shops in Amish country which is less than an hour away.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:00 AM

I think I need to tuck my chicken under my arm and head to Ohio to visit lauriejo
Old 11-23-2010, 05:03 AM

You are really blessed. We have a Walmart NO FABRIC, a kmart, no quilt shops. I have to drive at least an hour to purchase fabric. I buy a lot on line much easier.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:16 AM

My chicken and I will come by and pick you up on our way to Lauriejo's..bring your quilt, we might need it..I am sure it is colder there. lol
Originally Posted by sc-sunshine
You are really blessed. We have a Walmart NO FABRIC, a kmart, no quilt shops. I have to drive at least an hour to purchase fabric. I buy a lot on line much easier.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:27 AM

C'mon over, we will have a slumber party! It's not too bad today, supposed to be 55. Now on Friday when I will be outside for at least 5 hours watching my son's marching band, and a really crappy football game, it is supposed to be in the 30's with snow, rain and wind. Makes the Black Friday crowds sound almost fun.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:16 AM

OMG.. I am with you there.. I usually don't do the black friday thing..used to work in the photolab a walmart..I was shielded from the blitz thingy as long as I didn't have to pee lol..**come on chicken get you pjs, we're going to a slumber party**

Originally Posted by lauriejo
C'mon over, we will have a slumber party! It's not too bad today, supposed to be 55. Now on Friday when I will be outside for at least 5 hours watching my son's marching band, and a really crappy football game, it is supposed to be in the 30's with snow, rain and wind. Makes the Black Friday crowds sound almost fun.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 AM

To all you USPS bashers (I type that with a smile) - I'm sorry for your troubles however I am not allowed to bash the PO. My dad worked behind that counter for 32 years and my brother has delivered mail for 25 years. My dad used to tell us stories from the other side of that counter that made us laugh as kids. Again, I'm sorry for your troubles, but don't think all Post Office employees are not nice or helpful.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:03 AM

Oh...I was just frustrated....they are certainly NOT all so horrible to deal with. The lady who is new and "made the mistakes" was very nice just new. And my delivery man is wonderful...it's just the woman in charge who needs to take a day for fun! :D

Originally Posted by 3699quilter
To all you USPS bashers (I type that with a smile) - I'm sorry for your troubles however I am not allowed to bash the PO. My dad worked behind that counter for 32 years and my brother has delivered mail for 25 years. My dad used to tell us stories from the other side of that counter that made us laugh as kids. Again, I'm sorry for your troubles, but don't think all Post Office employees are not nice or helpful.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 PM
EC

Originally Posted by 3699quilter
Nor am I bashing!!! I have sent gifts to my brother and his wife, and my aunt and uncle, via USPS during their whole military careers, wherever they were stationed and then repeatedly after that. Everything always made it and I never gave the USPS any additional time, always last minute.

I was just mentioning my experience because it's hard to follow the rules when the rules differ between clerks. I "think" what the lady was trying to tell me was that if you use the envelope it is a flat rate price, hence an envelope closed flat. The "if it fits, it ships, for one price" is referring to the boxes. Just my take on what she was trying to explain. Another clerk, same P.O. has added tape to my flat rate envelope on his own. Either way, I love my post office.