Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** >

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

*****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED****

Old 11-08-2010, 10:17 AM

and no, i didn't quilt the picture w/ my name... found it quickly on line when i was enrolling in this site... My goal is to update it with a quilt of my own soon... i also type casually as i save the extra key strokes on my hands for quilting :)
Old 11-08-2010, 12:40 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

lol.. OK gotcha on the list ann...

Thanks for joining..
Old 11-08-2010, 04:46 PM

I received the batiks I bought for the swap in the mail today! Wow, that seller ships FAST! :mrgreen: I'll start cutting it later this evening.

I snapped a quick photo if anyone wants a sneak peek ... or is it supposed to be a surprise?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:30 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by moonrise
I received the batiks I bought for the swap in the mail today! Wow, that seller ships FAST! :mrgreen: I'll start cutting it later this evening.

I snapped a quick photo if anyone wants a sneek peek ... or is it supposed to be a surprise?
Pics ok I guess, but for some it might ruin the surprise..
Whats the decision guys.. wanna see or not see??? hahah no matter to me, cuz I'm going to be the first one to see them all anyways.. lol
Old 11-08-2010, 06:17 PM

I bought 2 yards today at JoAnn's and used my coupons. The 3rd yard is coming from an Ebay auction I won for cheap.
Okay with me to show pictures.........
Old 11-08-2010, 11:45 PM

My shoulders are going to tell me alllll about it tomorrow (owie owie owie), but I'm ready to mail whenever you want. Just need the address. I figured I'd better get it done while I had a few minutes free. :)

I cut them 10-1/4" just to be absolutely sure.

I'm not able to get my 6 sets into a flat rate mailer without overstuffing it to the point where I'm worried the mailer won't hold up. I'll just mail them in a tyvek mailer, and will send an extra one for the blocks to be mailed back in, along with the correct postage and a label. :)

Any more votes on whether to show pictures? :)
Old 11-09-2010, 04:57 AM

What is a tyvek mailer?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by KarenR
What is a tyvek mailer?
It's a heavy duty, plastic outside, usually bubble wrap inside envelope. They are pretty cheap & lightweight.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Great thanks

.. Also remember everyone Please do not be bashful on using packing tape... Id prefer you tape it to keep the package contained- it may have rough travels thru USPS..

Pics fine by me..

Originally Posted by moonrise
My shoulders are going to tell me alllll about it tomorrow (owie owie owie), but I'm ready to mail whenever you want. Just need the address. I figured I'd better get it done while I had a few minutes free. :)

I cut them 10-1/4" just to be absolutely sure.

I'm not able to get my 6 sets into a flat rate mailer without overstuffing it to the point where I'm worried the mailer won't hold up. I'll just mail them in a tyvek mailer, and will send an extra one for the blocks to be mailed back in, along with the correct postage and a label. :)

Any more votes on whether to show pictures? :)
Old 11-09-2010, 09:30 AM

This is what the Tyveks look like from the po
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122368.jpe